Ch 25 Back to December

Jen. ~edited~

January

It's been one month since I started dating Louis. Standing backstage at their concert, I gripped our one month present in my hand. I had gotten him a magazine for sexiest man alive, and  pasted his face onto the front, covering Adam Levine's face. I tapped my foot on the floor anxiously, I hadn't seen the boys before they got on stage, which was odd. All of us had remained close friends despite how crazy our life has been. Harry? I honestly don't know about him. I looked at him in a way I would never look at Louis like.. I looked at Harry like he was the answer to al my problems. And I have a lot of problems. Louis and I have been fighting nonstop lately as well. Whether he left the milk on the counter or I left an earring on the floor and he stepped on it. I'm surprised one of us hasn't just left the other yet.

The concert began to wrap up, as they moved onto their solo songs. I smiled, humming along to Niall's voice. Won't be happy for long will you? It's been too long since you've heard from us hasn't it? My stomach churned as Harry began talking. I sincerely hoped it meant period cramps, because I haven't had my visit at all for the month. I debated heading to the bathroom, but decided against it.

"This one is for a certain girl out there. I fucked up. I made a mistake. You, me and our special one is all that matters to me. We have more than you could ever hope for or imagine. I love you, and ask yourself, do you know who it is that you truly love?" He spoke slowly into the microphone. Our special one. What does that mean? Hmm. What ever happened to that little test you took. The white one? You never saw your score did you? Test? What test? I scream in my head as the voices cackle and ring throughout my ears. They slowly stop as I focus on the voice on the stage. This couldn't just be normal. My stomach felt heavy and was twisting with every word Harry had spoken, I hate how open these boys are onstage.

"I'm so glad you made time to see me. How's life? Tell me how's your family. I haven't seen them in a while. You've been good, busier than ever, We small talk, work and the weather, Your guard is up and I know why. Because the last time you saw me Isstill burned in the back of your mind. You gave me roses and I left them there to die.

So this is me swallowing my pride, 

Standing in front of you saying, "I'm sorry for that night," 

And I go back to December all the time. 

It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you. 

Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine. 

I'd go back to December, turn around and make it all right. 

I go back to December all the time."

..................................................................

The crowd cheered and the boys ran off, with just my luck, to the other side. I twisted my way through the crew, getting elbowed by stage crew, and ducking under various props being moved around. I had one focus, and that was to find Harry. I quickly turned around as I heard the lately all too familiar sound of Louis shouting. I squinted to spot Harry and Louis in a secluded hallway. I rushed over. Our special one.

"What the fuck was that?" Louis was trying not to shout now, but the vein on his neck stuck out prominantly. Harry took a step backwards. The lights above were flickering giving the situation an even worse feeling.

"I had to make things right." Harry gulped, looking down at the furious Louis. I took a few steps closer, not close enough for them to see me.

"WITH THE TIME YOU USED SINGING THAT I HAD TALKED TO MANAGEMENT ABOUT SINGING A SONG TO HER FOR OUR ANNEVERSARY!" He threw his hands in the air, frustrated out of his mind.

"I'm sorry Louis..."  Harry stood there defenselessly. Louis face was beet red, and things were going to get too far very soon.

"SORRY?!" with that I decided to step into better lighting and make my presence known.

"Hey babe!" Louis said putting on a fake smile," what are you doing here?" He pecked my cheek. No happy anniversary?

"I came to surprise you for our anneversary" I handed him the wrapped magazine. Harry shook his head and walked down the hallway, his footsteps echoing.

His face remained almost straight but a hint of a smile curving at his lips as he gritted out the word thanks. "I love you doll." No he doesn't.

"I love you too!" I spoke quietly. No you don't.

"Louis?" A man's voice spoke from behind us. 

"Simon? What are you doing here?" Louis questioned the man Simon.

"I'm here to speak to her," His voice sent chills down my spine as he pointed at me.