Chapter Three : Morning Jog

After breakfast, Grace decided to take a quick shower. She hated the fact that she felt dirty from the day before. She turned on the shower, letting the water heat up. Undressed herself, and stared back at her reflection in the mirror. Her skin felt rough after being hidden underneath her New York City sweater. The weather didn't seem to help either. Days of endless pouring rain and several thunderstorms. Grace didn't enjoy the rainstorm that landed over New York City. She was longing to get out in the city, to find new exciting stories before Sean got to them. Few minutes passed, and she finally stepped in the shower. She scrubbed the remaining dirt on her body after placing shampoo and conditioner in her wet hair. Finally, she felt relaxed with herself.

 With her towel in hand, she turned off the shower. She took another look at her figure in the mirror. She hated her figure and wished there was some way she can change it. Possible workout today? Jog around the city, to Central Park? After leaving the bathroom, Grace dressed herself in some jogging pants and her New York City sweatshirt.

 Carly passed by the room, surprised to see her older sister dressed in workout clothes. Due to Grace's busy schedule at work, she never had time to go out to the gym or walk around the city. Even only being 2 weeks new to the city, Grace had no idea where certain parts of the city were. She didn't know where Central Park was, the nearest grocery store, or the Statue of Liberty. Most of the traveling was done by James.

 "Do you need James to give you a ride?" Carly asked.

 Grace shook her head slowly as she fits on her running shoes. Carly handed her phone along with her headphones knowing how her sister couldn't live a day without music.

 She gave Carly a small wave before walking out. Outside, the cold air brushed through her bare neck and ears. Looking through her music, she chose a song that was easy to jog to. The upbeat tune of "Starships" blared through her earphones. She lowered the volume down knowing that James must have used her earphones before her.

 Her jogging pace wasn't fast or slow. She wanted to keep a steady pace, not wanting to tire herself out. Due to her lack of exercising, she felt out of shape as she started eating more foods. Her job didn't seem to help either, keeping her out of the gym and her free time. Grace wasn't sure on what direction she going to take. Being lost in a big city wasn't on her to-do list for today. What was she supposed to do? Ask for help in a big city like this? She decided to take a chance as she approached the man in front of her. She tapped his shoulder lightly before asking.

 "Hi, Uhm. I'm sorry to bother but do you know which direction I should take to Central Park?"

 She took note of the man, his incredibly large figure and his combed back blonde hair. He was dressed in a white shirt with some sort of aviator design in the middle of his chest along with brown pants.

 "Oh, I'm sorry Ma'am. I don't know where Central Park is. You see, I'm new here myself." He responded.

 His tone sounded formal. Also, he called her, 'Ma'am'. A bit of an old fashioned kind of guy. After the two weeks she had been in New York, she had never encountered a man who used 'Ma'am' in his vocabulary.

 She suddenly felt relaxed knowing that she wasn't the only newcomer in the city. Her hazel eyes grew with fascination as she decided to ask him another question.

 "Really? Oh my gosh. I just moved here from California. And, my new job seemed to be pulling me away from seeing the city."

 Grace bit her lip, knowing she seemed to have said too much about herself. She let her instincts ahead of her. She knew the man probably felt awkward around a woman who was just confessing her life story. The man didn't say anything as he continued to look around the city.

 "Where are you from?" She asked slowly.

 The man turned to face her before answering, "Brooklyn."

 She raised her brow, "That's here right? Isn't Brooklyn like in the New York area?" 

 He nodded slowly, "New York has changed a lot huh?"

 His comment struck her, "Yeah, I mean it's much bigger in person."

 She felt the urge to show the man around. Maybe, the two of them could find their way around the city since there both newbies. A moment of silence fell between them as they stood in the middle of the sidewalk. She was unsure what to say to the man.

 "Oh, by the way, I'm Grace."

 She extended her hand out after her introduction. He returned her gesture before introducing himself.

 "Steve Rogers."

 "So, since we're both new around here, would you like to tour around the city with me?"

 Steve flashed a sincere smile, "I would appreciate that."

 Another rush of relief flooded over Grace as they continued to walk along the crowd. Another moment of silence came between the two. Grace knew she had to strike a conversation with Steve. Moments of silence bugged Grace and usually she was the one who broke it.

 "So, Brooklyn huh? Don't you know the place already?"

 "Well Ma'am, it's not the same. Not how I remembered it."

A/N: Hey guys ! I am so glad you guys are enjoying this right now , this chapter is sorta like a filler chapter so yeah , Has anyone seen The Amazing Spiderman yet ? I just did yesterday , Amazing is the right word for it . Thanks for reading , see you guys next upload (: