Chapter Twenty-Eight : Back To December

Grace kept her guard up, as Erik dragged her limp body into an empty warehouse. To her surprise, the warehouse was filled with different gadgets each with different abilities. On the corner, was a large enclosed case filled with a blue colored power substance. She watched as the blue turned into an uncolored haze which gave off some sort of effect into the room. Grace shivered and gathered bits of her shirt to give a warm coverage. He kept his eye on her, turning around every minute to make sure she didn't escape. Erik smiles slyly and brought her a cup of warm hot chocolate to help her deal with the sudden cold. Grace flashed a small smile and quickly sipped the drink, letting the warmness of the chocolate melt away her senses. After, she continued to look around the dark room, trying her best to scan what was there. Nearby, a distant sound of footsteps approached her, the sound of high heels against the pavement. She looked up and met the eyes of a woman she soon recognized. 

 The blue colored eyes of a honey blonde woman that brought Grace back to the night before. The woman that brought Sean in from the bar, the one he had defended against a masculine man, the bruises all from defending her. She was the one who brought Erik to Sean's place, the way she disappeared mysteriously during the time. It all made sense to Grace, everything was about to piece together. Irene's cold blue eyes that was once innocence in her sight, was pinned against her. From her cold expression, Irene was ready to rip out Grace's head any second or any move she would try to make. Behind her, Erik continued to gather his several experiments, the ones he'd been dying to show Grace. Irene moved her stiff position and gave Erik a small smile before he spoke boldly.

 "Oh, Grace. I've been dying to show you what I've developed. You were the only one that was interested in my work, the way you would watch me, I missed that." 

 He held a small gun with sides of several different colored buttons. To Grace, it looked like a small toy gun any little boy would get at Toys R Us. But she kept her opinion to herself, not wanting to cause Irene or Erik any trouble against her. Erik continued to chuckle as he loaded the small gun and started to set his target. Irene fled the area, hiding behind a small couch. The gun let out a loud bang and the bullet sped through like a speeding rocket, exploding at the end of the wall. Grace was speechless and felt her jaw instantly drop at the sound of the blow. Erik loaded the gun again and shot another bullet in pure amusement. His loud cries of laughter rang in Grace's ear along with the sound of the bullet. Erik then turned and handed the small gun to Grace's open hands. She was shocked at his strange gesture, as she carried the gun and positioned herself to shoot. His strong arms wrapped around her, fingers almost lacing together. Grace slowly gripped the gun but her tips didn't reach the trigger. Along the side of the gun, read many options of the bullet. There was one that particularly caught her eye, but wanted to ask permission from Erik to do so.

 "Erik, could I try one of the modes in here?" She cooed sweetly.

 "Of course, Babe. Give it a go." He responded.

 Her fingers slowly reaching the trigger with one of them touching the button lightly. Suddenly, Grace looped herself underneath Erik's armhole, and found herself gripping him by the neck. The small gun was pinned to his head, her fingers by the trigger. Irene stood by, a gun in hand, ready to shoot Grace. 

 "Oh, I see. You wanted to try the buttons on me huh? Go ahead, sweetie." Erik gasped.

 Her grip on Erik grew tighter as she drew the gun closer to his head. The pain, the bruises, all of them were just tempting to pull the trigger of the gun. But her heart was telling her no, to let everything go and find another way to compromise his unforgivable actions and mistakes. Irene's cold stare was watching her every move, as Grace continued to think about her actions. 

It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you. Wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine.

 The memories of the two smiling, laughing, all those different memories the two would never relive. The cold December night, the day they had broke it off. The many times where he brought her roses, and the way Grace treated them afterwards. She wanted freedom from Erik, but couldn't bring herself to do it, the pain of losing him and thoughts that would replay in her mind. Erik was her first love, but the feelings for him were gone. It was time to let go.