Chapter Fifteen : True Colors

You bastard!"

 The voice was pounded into Erik Romerv's head. Her words almost knocked the breath out of him. He could almost see her, her brown tangled hair covering her face, her body filled with bruises and scars. How pathetic, all these years, he loved and cared for her. Now, she was just throwing it all away because, he was too arrogant. So what, he wasn't in SHIELD anymore. He could feel the tension between the two, as he pictured her raising a gun toward him. Her hands almost crushing the small trigger.

 She almost did it.

 Almost killed him. There he was, motionless in front of his so-called lover, as she held him at gunpoint. This all seemed like a dream to Erik, the turn of events that had happened all in one week. Being kicked out of SHIELD for his unusual and dangerous actions that were close enough to being a threat to the agency. Another agent, coming in, and replacing his spot. Worse enough, Agent Romanoff was recruited by Agent Barton, his own best friend. After Barton returned from his mission, he brought along Agent Romanoff who was a threat to SHIELD. He soon broke his friendship with Erik before turning to Director Fury to recruit Romanoff. The council agreed with Fury's decision to remove their own veteran recruit.

 Another memory flashed by, back to when Grace held the gun at him. She threatened him, saying she didn't care if she killed him. Her uncle had warned her about Erik, his new reputation as a deadly assassin. If Grace really did love him, she would have accepted his new calling. The pain of knowing, all those years, Grace didn't love him back.

 To release the painful pain, he hit her.

 Worse enough, his actions nearly killed her.

 Now, he was here in New York, to take back what was his. Start out fresh and maybe make Grace love him again. The past was gone, forgotten and Erik wanted to start over. To take back what was once his.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Steve was bit surprised when Grace had asked him to another dinner. But, soon realized he was just a wingman in Sean's surprise party act. Still, it would be rude of Steve to reject her request. Like a real gentleman, he accepted the request sincerely and kept his tone steady. As he finished buttoning the last button on his suit, he turned to see how it looked on him. The suit was a dark silky blue color Grace had picked out, almost matching his eyes.

 It was bit awkward for him, fitting into another suit. It's been awhile since he had last worn one. Hopefully, when the act with Sean is finished, he and Grace could have some alone time. Ever since their dinner, Steve's feelings for Grace had grown. He wanted to get in some alone time between the two, maybe get to know each other better. Steve often wondered if Grace had the same feelings back, her surprise kiss on the cheek definitely shocked him. He never understood women and their actions. Was that kiss just a thank you? Or just a polite gesture? That didn't matter; this was something Steve had to find about himself.

 The doorbell rings a few minutes later as Steve finishes coming back his ashy blonde hair. Before answering the door, he fixes his suit, making sure everything was on right. As he opened the door, he was greeted by a shy smile. Grace's long brown hair was tied in a low ponytail that the end fell on her shoulders while wearing a long black formal kind of dress. Overall, she looked stunning just like last night and every time he sees her. Sean appears behind her, his shaggy hair fixed while wearing a black similar suit to Steve's.

 "Ready?" Grace asked.

 Steve nodded as he walked out the door. Sean walked ahead, just in time to open up the car door for Grace, a typical gentleman act. Since, the two were supposed to act like a date, Steve held his thoughts. He spotted a small bouquet of flowers near Grace's seat, probably from Sean. The two continued to talk between themselves, sometimes letting Steve into the conversation. To distract his mind, he looked out the window, seeing the different buildings as they passed by. He watched as they started to laugh about various topics. From his view, he knew Sean liked Grace, and could easily tell from his actions. Maybe going on this date wasn't a good idea after all.