Ramadan 2018': 3

WordOfTheDay: 

Allahu Akbar: This statement is said by Muslims numerous times. During the call for prayer, during prayer, when they are happy, and wish to express their approval of what they hear, when they slaughter an animal, and when they want to praise a speaker, Muslims do say this expression of Allahu Akbar. Actually it is most said expression in the world. It's meaning: "Allah is the Greatest." Muslims praise Allah in every aspect of life; and as such they say Allahu Akbar.

DuaForTheDay:  

 Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-hammi walhazani, wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijaal

O Allah, I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and overpowered by men (i .e . others).

Al-Bukhari: 2893, 5425, 6363, 6369

  HadithOfTheDay:

1)Al-Bara' bin 'Azib (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) has ordered us to visit the sick, to follow the funeral (of a dead believer), respond to the sneezer (i

Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) has ordered us to visit the sick, to follow the funeral (of a dead believer), respond to the sneezer (i.e., by saying to him: Yarhamuk-Allah after he says: Al-hamdu lillah), to help those who vow to fulfill it, to help the oppressed, to accept the invitation extended by the inviter; and to promote greetings (i.e., saying As-Salamu 'Alaikum).

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

2)Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Every Muslim has five rights over another Muslim (i.e., he has to perform five duties for another Muslim): to return the greetings, to visit the sick, to accompany funeral processions, to accept an invitation, to respond to the sneezer [i.e., to say: 'Yarhamuk-Allah (may Allah bestow His Mercy on you),' when the sneezer praises Allah]."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

3)Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Verily, Allah, the Exalted, and Glorious will say on the Day of Resurrection: 'O son of Adam, I was ill but you did not visit Me.' He would say: 'O my Rubb, how could I visit you and You are the Rubb of the worlds?' Thereupon He would say: 'Did you not know that such and such a slave of Mine was ill but you did not visit him? Did you not realize that if you had visited him (you would have known that I was aware of your visit to him, for which I would reward you) you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked food from you but you did not feed Me.' He would submit: 'My Rubb, how could I feed You and You are the Rubb of the worlds?' He would say: 'Did you not know that such and such a slave of Mine asked you for food but you did not feed him? Did you not realize that if you had fed him, you would certainly have found (its reward) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked water from you but you did not give it to Me.' He would say: 'My Rubb, how could I give You (water) and You are the Rubb of the worlds?' Thereupon He would say: 'Such and such a slave of Mine asked you for water to drink but you did not give it to him. Did you not realize that if you had given him to drink you would have found (its reward) with Me?"'

[Muslim].

4)Abu Musa (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Visit the sick, feed the hungry, and (arrange for the) release of the captive.''

[Al-Bukhari].

5)Sa'd bin Abu Waqqas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) visited me during my illness and supplicated, "O Allah! Cure Sa'd. O Allah! Cure Sa'd. O' Allah! Cure Sa'd."

[Muslim].

6)Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Exhort your dying men to recite: 'La ilaha illallah' (There is no true god except Allah)."

[Muslim].

Dated: 20th May 2018'