Ramadan Series 2018': 20

#WordOfTheDay  

  Iftar (or Fatoor) is the evening meal when Muslims end their daily Ramadan fast at sunset

Muslims break their fast at the time of the call to prayer for the evening prayer.  

#DuaOfTheDay 

Rabbi ohkum bilhaqqi wa rabbuna arrahmanul musta'aanu alaa ma tasifoon

My Lord, judge [between us] in truth. And our Lord is the Most Merciful, the one whose help is sought against that which you describe.

Surah Al-Anbiya - 21:112

#HadithOfTheDay

1) Jabir reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

Food for one (person) suffices two, and food for two (persons) suffices four persons and food for four persons suffices eight persons.

[Muslim]

2) Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) never criticized any food (he was invited to) but he used to eat if he liked the food, and leave it if he disliked it.

[Al-Bukhari]

3) Anas b. Malik reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: When the supper is brought before you, and it is also the time to say prayer, first take food before saying evening prayer and do not hasten (to prayer, leaving aside the food).

[Muslim]

4) Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

When any one of you eats food he should lick his fingers, for he does not know in what part of the food sticking to his fingers the blessing lies.

[Muslim]

5) Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The worst food is the food of the marriage banquet from which those are left out who would like to come; and to which those are invited who refuse to come. He who rejects an invitation disobeys Allah and His Messenger".

[Muslim].

In another narration Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "The worst food is the food of the marriage banquet to which the rich are invited and from which the poor are left out".

[Muslim].

6) Jabir reported:

I heard Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) as saying: The Satan is present with any one of you in everything he does; he is present even when he eats food; so if any one of you drops a mouthful he should remove away anything filthy on it and eat it and not leave for the devil; and when he finishes (food) he should lick his fingers, for he does not know in what portion of his food the blessing lies.

[Muslim]

7) Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Give food to the hungry, pay a visit to the sick and release (set free) the one in captivity (by paying his ransom).

[Al-Bukhari]

8) Ibn 'Abbas reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) went to the privy and when he came back, he was presented with food. It was said to him; Messenger of Allah, wouldn't you perform ablution. He said: Why, am I to say prayer?

[Muslim]

9) Narrated 'Umar bin Abi Salama:

I was a boy under the care of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and my hand used to go around the dish while I was eating. So Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to me, 'O boy! Mention the Name of Allah and eat with your right hand, and eat of the dish what is nearer to you." Since then I have applied those instructions when eating.

[Al-Bukhari]

10) Narrated 'Aisha:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to love sweet edible things and honey.

[Al-Bukhari]

Dated: 6th June 2018'