Ramadan Series 2018': 23

#WordOfTheDay 

  The Islamic calendar is called Hijiri

#DuaOfTheDay

Dua1:

Bismil-lah, tawakkaltu AAalal-lah, wala hawla wala quwwata illa billah.

In the name of Allah, I place my trust in Allah, and there is no might nor power except with Allah.

Abu Dawud 4:325, At-Tirmidhi 5:490

Dua2:

Allahumma innee aAAoothu bika an adilla aw odal, aw azilla aw ozall, aw athlima aw othlam, aw ajhala aw yujhala AAalay.

O Allah, I take refuge with You lest I should stray or be led astray, or slip or be tripped, or oppress or be oppressed, or behave foolishly or be treated foolishly.' slip: i.e. to commit a sin unintentionally

At-Tirmidhi 3:152

#HadithOfTheDay  

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Whoever drinks alcoholic drinks in the world and does not repent (before dying), will be deprived of it in the Hereafter."

[Al-Bukhari]

Narrated Abu Huraira:

On the night Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was taken on a night journey (Miraj) two cups, one containing wine and the other milk, were presented to him at Jerusalem. He looked at it and took the cup of milk. Gabriel said, "Praise be to Allah Who guided you to Al-Fitra (the right path); if you had taken (the cup of) wine, your nation would have gone astray."

[Al-Bukhari]

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "An adulterer, at the time he is committing illegal sexual intercourse is not a believer; and a person, at the time of drinking an alcoholic drink is not a believer; and a thief, at the time of stealing, is not a believer." Ibn Shihab said: 'Abdul Malik bin Abi Bakr bin 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al- Harith bin Hisham told me that Abu Bakr used to narrate that narration to him on the authority of Abu Huraira. He used to add that Abu Bakr used to mention, besides the above cases, "And he who robs (takes illegally something by force) while the people are looking at him, is not a believer at the time he is robbing (taking).

[Al-Bukhari]

Narrated An-Nazzal:

Ali came to the gate of the courtyard (of the Mosque) and drank (water) while he was standing and said, "Some people dislike to drink while standing, but I saw the Prophet (ﷺ) doing (drinking water) as you have seen me doing now."

[Al-Bukhari]

Narrated Thumama bin 'Abdullah:

Anas used to breathe twice or thrice in the vessel (while drinking water) and used to say that the Prophet; used to take three breaths while drinking water.

[Al-Bukhari]

Narrated Hudhaifa:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Do not drink in gold or silver utensils, and do not wear clothes of silk or Dibaj, for these things are for them (unbelievers) in this world and for you in the Hereafter."

[Al-Bukhari]

'A'isha reported:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was asked about Bit'i, whereupon he said: Every drink that causes intoxication is forbidden.

[Muslim]

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) having said:

When the wings of the night (spread) or it is night, restrain your children (from going out), for the Satan is abroad at that time, and when a part of the night is passed, free them and shut the doors. making mention of God's name, for the Satan does not open a closed door; and tighten the (mouths of waterskins and mention the name of Allah, cover your utensils and mention the name of Allah even though you should just put something on them, and extinguish your lamps.

[Muslim]

Ibn 'Umar reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

When any one of you intends to eat (meal), he should eat with his right hand. and when he (intends) to drink he should drink with his right hand, for the Satan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand.

[Muslim]

Dated: 9th June 2018'