The Abyss Walker

A/N: Hey guys! So now the tournament is here! I've just kinda skipped ahead by a bit. Just leaving out some things that I don't really remember and cutting right to your fight. It's going to be the one that happens right after Yang and Weiss' battle, and it's gonna involve a made up team. I'm using two of my OC's.

Yami: You all know one of them, but you might not remember when we mentioned the other.

A/N: Wasn't even in this story. But if you do remember, congrats to you! You get a cookie!

Yami: Hey, I want a cookie!

A/N: You'll get a cookie after the chapter.

Yami: Hmpf! Fine...

A/N: Enjoy!

Y/N's POV

Team RWBY had just finished their doubles match, and I think that Yang and Weiss did a fairly good job. However, it was now my turn. I was going against some team from Atlas. They had a special two-person team as well, making this a perfect matchup. I looked into them a bit before the fight and saw that one likes to use a large Battleaxe that can also turn into a large sword. The other uses a double-sided spear that can detach into two separate weapons.

The one with the sword moves slow and is a cat Faunus, while the other isn't a Faunus and moves incredibly fast. They are complete opposites and make up for what the other lacks. A perfect balance between power and speed. They were likely to be interesting opponents. Neo and I were getting into our combat gear before the match. I was in my Wolf Knight armor and Neo was in her usual pink and white outfit.

Neo sat on a chair, checking her umbrella while I checked the edge of a few of my weapons. I was going in with the Wolf Knight Greatsword, the FUGS, the Cathedral Knight Greatsword, the Astora Straight Sword, and Yhorm's Great Machette. I also have an assortment of shields to use. Yhorm's Greatshield, the Dragon Crest Shield, and the Cathedral Knight Greatshield. I also had the caestus ready in case the chance to parry arose.

Neo tapped my shoulder and held up her scroll as I turned to her.

Neo: You think you have enough weapons?

Y/N: You're right... I should put the Frayed Blade in there too.

I added the Frayed Blade to my arsenal and readied two spare pairs of armor for different situations. I had Elite Knight Armor along with the Fallen Knight Armor. Neo silently sighed and facepalmed as I made myself into a weapon of mass destruction. I figured I would need the Fallen Knight Armor so that I wouldn't take as much damage from any large fire explosions that I might use with recoil in the fight. Neo put up her scroll again.

Neo: Are you really going to use all that? -_-'

Y/N: Of course. Having something to change for certain situations is critical for success. Also, this time I have my Estus and Ashen Estus along with a few rings so I don't take too much damage.

Neo facepalmed again. She must not understand the importance of all this gear in a battle. Having rings for stamina and health recovery along with boosters are also very important. Plus, I have my Crystal Chime on my waist for spells like Lightning Spear, Crystal Soul Spear, and Soul Stream. What can I say, I like to be prepared. Plus, with so many options covered, it left little to no room for error.

Announcer: And now, team YN(Yin) of Atlas will face team T/N (Team Name) of Beacon!

Y/N: Guess that's our cue. Ready?

Neo nodded and we walked out into the arena. The other team looked shocked at my sheer size as I towered over everyone, especially Neo. Our team balance was found by not only our height but also the fact that Neo uses agility much more and likes to trick her opponents, while I use brute force and lots of thinking. This means she can get the opponent off guard and I can finish them off quickly as effectively as possible.