The Tournament Closes

A/N: Hey guys! So this is the second to last chapter on here! We're almost there! After this, we'll have the fall of Beacon and then it's done! Once that happens, I can release a new story.

Yami: There might be a sequel, but it could be a long time with other stories getting in the way.

A/N: Yeah, plus work over the summer might take a lot of time. But at least school's almost done.

Yami: Yeah! And hopefully, math won't mess you up.

A/N: Yeah, I'm not doing too well there, but I got a bunch of notes from a friend after like 2 hours of review with them. It's pretty nice having friends with strengths like that. Anyways, I'm sure you want to read now, so I'll let you be. Enjoy!

Y/N's POV

After seeing what Yang did in the arena, I rushed to their dorm. The panic it caused led to a slight delay on the next match. Once I got to the dorm room, I overheard Blake and Yang talking. I entered, gaining all their attention. Yang looked down with a guilty look on her face as I approached her. Ruby got in my way and started trying to cover for Yang. I pushed past her and looked down at her. She looked up, that look still on her face.

Yang: I swear, I saw him attack me first.

Y/N: Yang, you know I'm an experienced knight, right? I know fight stress the best. It's not uncommon with younger people. But right now, I can't go off of just your word. Unless you have some proof.

Yang tried to think of something but seemed to come up empty. I didn't like seeing Yang acting all depressed so I tried to think of something. I suddenly remembered two strange details from the fight. One, the lack of blood, and two, the sound.

Y/N: Say, what about the sound of his leg breaking? Or how it felt?

Weiss: What kind of question is that?

Y/N: Just checking a hunch.

Yang: Actually, it sounded weird, not like what a broken bone would. It was also more hard and solid than a leg usually is.

Looks my hunch isn't far off. Something must be up. That guy is involved with it. I felt my scroll go off, and so I checked it, seeing a message that the fights were continuing.

Y/N: The next fight is going to start soon. I'll be heading out. Yang.

Yang looked up at me.

Y/N: We'll figure it out.

Yang smiled a bit and nodded. I waved and left, using the coiled sword fragment to warp back to the arena. I quickly noticed that the fighters had been selected.

Y/N L/N vs Pyrrha Nikos

I froze up a bit when I saw it, knowing I'd have to fight Pyrrha. If this was related to my hunch, then something was going to happen soon. I just don't know how I can be sure. Despite being the most observant and critical of the 4 Knights of Gwyn, I couldn't tell exactly when something was about to happen. I walked out onto the stage, this time only having my Wolf Knight attire and weapons. I entered the arena and saw Pyrrha walking up. She smiled at me as we stopped in front of each other.

Pyrrha: Well, good luck Y/N.

Y/N: You too Pyrrha.

The countdown started and Pyrrha readied her sword and shield. I raised my Wolf Knight Greatshield and held my sword behind me as I lowered myself slightly. As the timer reached zero, we rushed forwards at each other. I started off with a lunge, stabbing forwards as Pyrrha flipped over my blade, bashing my head with her shield. I stumbled back a bit but quickly snapped back to the fight.

I held up my shield, blocking all of Pyrrha's strikes. I eventually dropped my guard, switching my shield to the caestus, quickly parrying one of her strikes. I took advantage of the parry and quickly reposted her, smashing her away and into the ground with my sword. Changing back to my shield, I walked over to where she was, on the ground with her Aura in the yellow. Because of her blow to my head, I was slightly dazed and so I moved slower. I eventually stood over her, holding up my sword as I prepared to slash down and end the fight.

Pyrrha's POV

As I tried to recover from the hit Y/N gave me, I looked up, only to freeze as I saw him radiating with a dark, shadowy aura. He let out a screech as he threw his shield aside, holding his sword with both hands as he prepared to impale me. In a panic, I used my polarity on his armor. His armor crumpled a bit and tightened around him, stopping him from moving for a moment before he started bringing down his sword.

As a last resort, I used a blast of polarity, sending his sword backward. It was sent straight through his head, and he collapsed to the ground, bleeding out over the arena. I looked in horror as I realized what I'd done. I got up and rushed to him, only for him to burst into flames. However, he didn't come out of the ashes. Instead, he was just... gone.

Timeskip after Cinder's speech 'cause I'm lazy

Y/N's POV

After Pyrrha blasted my sword through my face, I wound up at the bonfire I'd fashioned for quick travel back to Beacon. It's been a while since I've been sent to a bonfire after death. Although, I don't know why Pyrrha seemed so panicked when I came over. I didn't do anything but walk and swing. Then, I heard a loud siren outside. I rushed out, stopping as I saw the sudden surge of Grimm, along with a Griffon on the arena. I turned into a Phoenix and flew to the arena. I just hope Pyrrha's ok...

A/N: Hey! Thanks for reading! So now we're almost done! I just need to post one more chapter and we're golden! But don't expect it very soon. I still have other stories and a pattern to follow.

Yami: I think I should clear this up for everyone. A/N has a set pattern for which story is updated when. That means there's never two updates in a row. So after another update comes out for all the other stories, you can expect this one will be next!

A/N: Yeah, it's getting tiring telling the same thing to people who keep asking if my stories are dead. No, they're not. Writing isn't as easy as 1 2 3. You need to think about what you put down, especially when you're me and little details are more important like punctuation, capitalization, and how long a block of text or speech is. Anyways, if you really wanna know why I do stuff how I do it, I can always make a QnA story or a writer's tips thing. Signing off!

- Iain