1K Reads Special

A/N

Hey guys! So we did it! 1k reads! I'll do a special like this for all of my stories when they reach 1k but after that, no specials. Also, much like my Spider-Man story, this special will be cannon and will pick up from where last chapter ended. The only specials that won't be cannon are the 5 or 10k reads... if I ever get there. But if I do, I will have some interesting non cannon thing to throw in that doesn't affect the plot, but does involve the same characters and important events up to that point. Now for the actual special with a new perspective! Enjoy!

Coco's POV

My team and I were sitting in class waiting for Professor Goodwitch to come in for our combat lessons. It wasn't like her to not be here really early so I was confused why she wasn't here and class was about to start. Suddenly, the door opened and a large mass of fire entered the room. It appeared to move to the front of the class and stop in front of everyone. The fire took on a physical form and we all saw a large fire bird look out at the class.

Bird: Hello students. Miss. Goodwitch is unable to attend today, so I am teaching in her place. 

The bird burst into flames and took on the form of a 10 foot tall knight with red and gold armor that had wings.

Knight: Usually I'm not teaching this group, but some of you know me from outside the classroom.

I recognized the voice from somewhere, but I couldn't place it. Then the knight shifted his form from the armor to fire, then shifted to an outfit I was familiar with. It was one I had helped design, and I always remember outfits I helped design.

Y/N: My name is Professor Y/N, but you may just call me Y/N.

Student: Y-you're Professor Y/N!? But he was a giant!

Y/N: I am, the size difference is because of my usual armor. 

He changed his armor to his tall blue and silver armor.

Y/N: You're probably used to this though. 

Y/N shifted back to his more casual wear and began the lesson. It was the usual stuff, strategies, attack forms, combinations, all the stuff we were used to by this point. Then he made a call no one was ready for.

Y/N: Now, I'd like one team to face me. If you win, you will pass this class indefinitely.

Fox: Are you allowed to do that?

Y/N: Given my skill, if anyone beats me they'll pass and I'll retire. I don't expect the challengers to win, but to learn from the fight. Look for holes, find openings, look for flaws and exploit them. Well, do I have any volunteers?

The whole class looked around nervously, but I just smirked. The rest of the team got my message and we all called out.

CFVY: We will!

Y/N: Ah, Team CFVY. You will face me in a match with normal rules. Red aura means you're out and I may only use one weapon. I will use a special armor and weapon for this fight...

He changed his armor into a taller, golden armor that resembled a lion. He also now held a long golden spear that sparked with electricity.

 He also now held a long golden spear that sparked with electricity

We all got our gear on and headed into the arena. Y/N stood on the opposite side of the ring. We all readied our weapons, Yatsu with his sword, Fox with his wrist blades, me with my minigun handbag and Velvet with just her fists as she couldn't use her weapon just yet. Y/N started to mutter something to himself and started to get louder to the point we could hear it clearly.

Y/N: I call on the power of The Four Knights Of Gwyn. Ornstein, lend me your strength. Give me the strength that The King of Storms gave you.

He raised his spear up in the air and lightning struck it. His entire body was now covered in lightning and he pointed his spear at us. We all rushed at him, Yatsu taking up the middle with me, Velvet going to the left and Fox taking the right. My gun was enough to put some pressure on him and he wasn't doing to well managing all of the others. He was obviously in a bad spot and we thought we had the match in the bag, until I noticed his Aura wasn't moving at all.

He was being hit by everything we had, but his Aura didn't move. We all jumped back and looked at him. He began to chuckle before thrusting his spear at the air, causing lightning to strike us, stunning us and putting our aura levels in the yellow.

Y/N: Since this is a lesson, I wont unleash my full power now, and I suppose I should explain one other thing. My Aura wont move because I don't have any. Very simply put...

He removed his gauntlets and we saw all the blood, cuts and marks we had left on him. He put the gauntlets back on and pointed his spear at us again.

Y/N: While you four must be pushed into the red area of your Aura to lose, I must die. Don't think what you did went unnoticed, I took some damage from that for sure. But it's not over yet!

He rushed us and we all split up. We had to take a different approach if we wanted to get anywhere, so I went with Fox to take his back while Velvet and Yatsu brought his attention to his front. As Y/N was distracted by Yatsu swinging his sword at his face continuously, Fox got behind him and attacked his back and shoulder. But the blades went straight through the armor and out the other end. Fox pulled the blades out and Y/N dropped to the ground on his knees.

He didn't saw anything. He didn't move. He gave no signs of life. Velvet was concerned and started to approach him before fire exploded from him. The large wave of flames hit us all and knocked us into the red and the match was called. Y/N changed his armor to his casual wear and held his shoulder.

Y/N: That's... all for today's class...

He then passed out and we all rushed to him, the other students leaving as he said to do.

Velvet: W-what do we do!?

Coco: We should get help! The infirmary is the best place we can take him right now!

Yatsuhashi: Good idea, I can carry him.

Fox: I'll go ahead and get the nur-

Before Fox could finish, Y/N burst into flames while still being held up by Velvet and Yatsu. They weren't burnt but Y/N was turned to ashes, before something came out of the ashes. It was Y/N! He was completely fixed up and there were no scars. 

Coco: Y/N? 

Y/N: You guys gave me a hell of a challenge... I haven't been that beat up since I fought Havel the Rock. The match was a draw, you don't get the pass though, and I still get to teach and fight.

Coco: *chuckles* Well, it's good to know you're staying.

Y/N got up and changed his armor back to his clothes and his weapon back to his Sword Caliburn. He sheathed his sword and walked out of the class. As he left, we noticed what looked like ears coming out of the top of his head. He left the room and we saw a big fire bird fly away.

Velvet: Does anyone else know what happened?

Coco: Not a clue.

A/N

Hey! Thanks for reading! That was the 1k read special! Just a fun little battle between CFVY and Y/N. Next chapter is some more Y/N x Pyrrha stuff and will involve the introduction of a new character from the original Dark Souls! Take your guesses! Signing off!

-Iain