42 ~ Thomas

Someone's awake.

No, no, no all that sputtered though my mid was oh no.

My mind, as foggy and panicked as it was, urged me to turn around. Run! Calum isn't here to save you this time!

My body however much preferred the deer in headlights tactic, frozen in the rain and yellow glow of the windows.

From outside I could hear a crash, I flinched.

It was like a horror movie, a tall shadow loomed infont of the window and I knew I was done for.

My feet finally caught up with my mind and sent me stumbling back words as the door flew open. Lighting snapped through the sky, a scream of pure terror resounded from my gut and a iron-like grip closed in on my elbow.

"No, no please, let me go!" I begged as if I were being kidnapped. Instead I was being kid-kept, locked inside and kept 'in order'.

Tears freely Cascaded down my face and my heart beat so fast I couldn't catch my breath. My coherent mind gave up and I just let myself be dragged back to hell, the door shutting with a bang.

The door shut and everything else shut off with it. Everything but me and the man before me.

He turned to me, rain dripping from his hair and his satin pajamas ruined. I'd never felt so hopeless. I'd given up so much that I wasn't even crying anymore, I just trembled.

"Where is your brother?" He asked slowly, taking a step closer to me as I shook before him.

I didn't know what to say, no answer would ever be good enough. So, I shrugged.

That landed me a fist right in the stomach, causing my legs shake, yet somehow I stayed standing.

"Let's try that again, shall we?" He gripped my chin, painfully forcing me to look at him.

"Where is Calum?" His once brown eyes narrowed into a black pit of hate. He hated me almost as much as I hated him.

"I don't know."

He back handed me so quickly, I couldn't even brace myself. My shaky hand wiped blood from my lip.

"Liar, you never cry when you lie." He said with a small smirk, as if he'd figured out a hard puzzle.

My resolve broke once he said that. I realized he was right.

"So," he grabbed my face roughly, bringing me eye level so he could study them. "Where. Is. Calum?"

I could feel tears press against my eyes, I couldn't take it anymore.

"He's gone! He left, I don't know where he is or when he's coming back, but I hope he never does. He doesn't deserve to be treated like he is by you! You're disc-" I choked off as he pinned my against the wall his hands around my neck.

"I dare you to finish the sentence, boy," he growled, pressing his thumb into my trachea, my face growing numb and my chest aching.

My mouth opened and closed like fish and my hands sratched at my father's. I knew I was going to die, and strangely, I was okay with that.

"David!" I could just make out my mother frantically pulling at my father, "David, stop it! Think of the people! What will they think if they see him, or worse, if he dies?! Brusies can only be hidden for so long!" She screeched desperately, trying to get through to him.

"Nobody would see the bruises if they can't see him at all!" He gave a final squeeze before letting me go.

I slid down the wall, barley concious. All I could hear was the waves of my blood pounding against my ears.

Isn't it sad that the most peaceful I'd ever felt was in those few moments I'd flirted with death?

But...that wasn't completely true. Flirting with someone else had been a close second, someone with earthy eyes that reminded me of summer on the lake. Of lips that constantly enveloped my thoughts. If Peter.

It's taken me this long to realize,

I didn't go to the library for books, that wasn't my Oasis, he was.

And I could have just ruined everything.

A|N

Short chappy, very dramatic, but I needed to express myself dramatically.

More to come, hopefully.

Love you lots xx.