Announcement + Sneak Peek

I just want to thank you guys so much for all the reads/votes/comments on this book. It means so much to me that you all enjoyed this story. I absolutely love FFXV and have become so attached to the characters (especially my boys Ignis and Prompto). Anyway, because I enjoyed writing every bit of this book, I already have plans for other FFXV stories.

So aside from my "Final Fantasy XV Fanfics (+others)" book (it's a compilation of short stories that gets updated in between other books), there will probably be at least two more main books similar to this one. So if you really enjoyed this story, I hope you'll check out the next one too (it's probably gonna be an Ignis x OC because Iggy deserves some love too).

I've actually gotten a bit of the next book figured out already, so here it is, a sneak peek of the prologue of "Inner Daemons".

~~~~~

M.E. 735. It was late spring. Dark clouds hung over the city of Insomnia, blocking out the moon and stars. Rain beat down on the buildings and anyone unfortunate to be outside. Valerie just so happened to be one of those unlucky few. But the weather was the least of her problems at the moment. She had a mission to focus on.

She was perched on one of the outcrops on either side of the Citadel's main entrance. She was crouched, hidden among the shadows and out of the dim lights that emanated from the windows. There were many guards standing watch all around the Citadel. But for Valerie, it wasn't difficult to avoid them. The darkness obscured her and the downpour drowned out any noise she might've made.

Valerie gazed up at the many windows, her brown eyes searching for a way in other than the front entrance. Her shoulder-length, red hair was drenched and plastered to her skin. She placed a hand over her swollen abdomen. Her condition was quickly tiring her. But she had to complete her assignment, no matter what. After scanning the side of the Citadel, she couldn't find an opening anywhere, at least not one she could get to.

She quietly sighed in defeat, her gaze darting down to the entrance. After making sure the coast was clear, she swiftly climbed down and slipped inside. She was quick to hide herself in the shadows, letting her dark clothing keep her hidden. Fortunately, it was late, and most of the staff were off duty, leaving most of the halls and rooms vacant, including the lobby. Valerie carefully observed the directory next to the front desk that gave a layout of the Citadel.

Valerie smirked to herself. How convenient for me, she mentally said. Now if I were a king, where would I be? She knew, at that hour, that Regis had to be either in his room or in the meeting room. She decided on the meeting room. She hoped he'd be there - alone. Valerie absolutely did not want to see the queen or the king's shield. She wasn't keen on killing anyone that wasn't her target, at least not anymore.

There was suddenly a ding from one of the elevators. Valerie instantly bolted behind the desk. She listened as a small group of people exited the elevator, talking amongst themselves about politics and whatnot. Valerie listened to their footsteps moving past her position and toward the exit. Their voices faded and became inaudible.

Valerie peeked around the desk, catching a glimpse of the robes the people wore. Council members maybe? This only confirmed one thing for Valerie - that the king was indeed in the meeting room. Once the people were gone, she went to an elevator, pressed the button, and went inside. She rode it up to the floor the meeting room was on, stepping out and scanning the area.

She suddenly heard male voices approaching from down the halls. Valerie quietly hurried down the hall and stopped right around the corner, gluing her back to the wall. She peeked around just enough to see two men heading for the elevators. She instantly recognized her target.

"Moving away from the meeting's outcome, how is your son doing, Clarus?"

"Very well," Clarus replied. "He's definitely an Amicitia. He's only two, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that he'll one day be more than worthy of the position of King's Shield."

I small smile graced the king's lips. "I'm certain he will."

Valerie narrowed her eyes. Shoot, his shield is present. This complicates things. She knew she needed to act now. She slid a small throwing knife from her glove and readied herself. She would have to be lightening fast and her aim would have to be perfect. In the blink of an eye, she threw the knife.

~~~~~

So, what do you think? Does it interest you guys? If so, I hope you'll stick around for when the full prologue is up. But just so you know, this next book will be a bit more experimental, meaning that I'll be testing out some new ideas and things that might not be completely accurate with the story of FFXV. Nonetheless, I hope you'll check it out once it's up.