CHAPTER 7 (( PG 14 ))

CHAPTER 7

When I wake up, I scan the room for the shriek I heard. My prep team is standing in our doorway. Octavia and Venia are grinning ear to ear, while Flavius doesn't know how to react. Why are they freaking out? I skim around the room to find nothing unusual. I look down at my bare chest .... wait? My bare chest?! I look at Peeta who is still sleeping. I roll off from on top of him and go underneath the covers. Peeta and I are both naked. Oh my god .... I feel queasy at the thought. How far did we go last night?! I come out from under the covers to find everyone laughing. I must have a funny expression. I didn't think any of this was funny though. Suddenly, I hear clicks of high heels. Uh oh. That can only be Effie. The sound echos our way and I quickly cover up as much as possible so she won't see me. Effie bursts into the room.

"What's so funny? We need to get Katniss and Peeta re- OH MY GOD. Katniss! Peeta!" Effie hollars.

Peeta's eyes shoot open and he examines the room full of people. He notices Effie's expression, then looks at me. He glances at my chest, with no straps anywhere on my shoulders, then realizes that I'm naked. I blush and feel my face go as red as a tomato. Effie explodes on us.

"I TOLD YOU GUYS TO BE CAREFUL! KATNISS BETTER NOT BE KNOCKED UP! I'M CALLING HER MOTHER FOR REAL NOW, AND KATNISS WILL HAVE TO EXPLAIN HERSELF. GREAT GOING GUYS! YOU ARE TOO YOUNG! PUT ON SOME CLOTHES WHILE I DIAL KATNISS' MOTHER! GREAT. JUST GREAT."

At that she storms out of the room with her cell phone. I can hear the dial tone. My prep team scurries out of the room and shuts the door behind us, so we can change. I want to talk to Peeta, but I don't know what to say. Thankfuly, he speaks up.

"Katniss... do you know how far we went?"

"I have no idea. From the looks of it; far."

We quickly slip on clothes and we look at each other. This situation needs some humor.

"Thanks for stealing my virginity, Peeta." I say sarcasticly.

He smiles.

"Thanks for stealing MY virginity, Katniss." He responds.

"I try! First I steal your heart then your virginity!"

"I can say the same for you. It only took you long enough!"

"What can I say? I'm hard to get!"

"Well I'm not, as you can tell. Suddenly, I lose all my innocence in one night."

"Innocence is definatly of out of the question."

"Do you think Effie is really going to call your mother this time?"

"I know she will. Prepared for "the talk" from my mother. I'll get it 3 times as bad though."

"I better prepare myself for the awkwardness of my girlfriend's mother giving me the talk."

"It will be priceless. I'm watching your face the whole time."

"Then I will watch yours."

"Deal!"

Effie walks in , holding her phone.

"Here. Katniss, she wants to talk to you first."

I grab the phone and wink at Peeta. Luckily, Effie doesn't notice and she storms out of the room again. I get the courage to say hello in a few moments.

"Hello?"

"What the hell were you thinking, Katniss? I know I should have given you the talk after your first Hunger Games! You are 19 and you have had sex with a guy?!"