Chapter 29 - Queen of P.R

"What am I going to do?" Sera exclaimed. Her eyes were on the popcorn ceiling in her bedroom, desperately searching for an answer to her predicament. The Red Jensen concert turned out to be everything she wanted it to be, but all she could think about was the job offer from Christian. He had to be joking when he said he would pay her that much money to become an assistant. All she wanted to do was inception an idea into the jerk's mind so he would make room in his heart for her friend, but things kind of backfired.

Sera grumbled as she rolled around in her sheets.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked. Sera turned to find her younger sibling standing in the doorframe.

"How many times do I have to tell you to knock before you come into my room Bartley?" Sera glared daggers at him. "Nevermind what I'm doing. What are you doing? What do you want?"

Her brother raised his brow. "Mom is asking where your friends went."

"Rhea went home to see her parents and Tegan is having lunch with her university friends on Preston," Sera informed. "Is there anything else?"

Bartley smiled and sat on the floral bedding. "So are you staying in Toronto much longer because Mama said I could have your room if you do."

"Don't be annoying!" Sera clapped back. "And get out! This is my room until I say so!"

Bartley seemed insulted. "They are definitely going to take over your bedroom if you go live in Toronto. You should be happy that I'm at least asking for permission."

"Are you still here?" Sera glared.

Bartley threw his hands in the air and jumped off the bed. "Fine, I'm leaving."

Sera groaned as she heard the door close. Shutting her eyes, she thought back to her conversation with Christian. The money she would earn as an assistant would be retirement good, which meant would be able to afford a new car and a few more Mackage coats without breaking the bank. How could she do this to Harry though? They swore they were going to make it big in Toronto and then set off to bigger places like London or New York. But! Working for Christian could land her in London and New York a lot sooner.

Sera cursed into her pillow, as the memories of the stairway conversation filled up her mind.

-

"If you're interested in managing bigger fish in the sea, I can recommend you to some people," Christian had offered. "You shouldn't work for Youtuber if you don't think he's going to make it big."

"I think he's going to make it!" Sera defended. "I was just suggesting that maybe you wanted to get an assistant to help you with all the work that's been piling up."

"I'm not one to give up control so easily."

"Well if the right person came along then you should consider it," Sera said. "You only live once! Don't you want to spend this time with someone you really care about? Settle down some day?"

"Of course I want to settle down," he replied. "But my job isn't easy. Between Red and the Pen Pals, I have too much to do."

"Enter competent assistant!" Sera encouraged.

Christian smiled. "Well how about this. You find me a competent assistant and I will help you become the Queen of P.R."

Sera crossed her hands and moved down the staircase, thinking about how she should shift the conversation to him dating Tegan instead. "Do you think if you found one good enough that you could make room in your life for a serious girlfriend?"