Chapter 20

October 13th, 2014 (Reagan is 16 weeks, Alana is 15 weeks and 6 days, Mya is...)

Jk jk.

Ultrasound is on the side.

Nolan shut the front door of his newly furnished house, "Reagan," he called out, hearing the television on in the seating room. "I'm home," his tone was quieter as he rounded the corner, finding his sister laying on the couch.

She looked at him after pausing the program, "did you bring food," she questioned. He rolled his eyes, but nodded anyway, taking off his trainers.

"McDonald's," Reagan asked curiously, trying to catch a peek at the fast food bag.

Nolan snorted, "don't insult me," he pulled the bag up in her line of sight, "Chick - Fil - A," he said in a duh tone. She beamed, reaching her hand out to snatch the bag from him.

He took it out of her reach, tutting at her, "have you no manners," he gasped dramatically, his hand on his heart.

Reagan grumbled out a please, taking it away from him before he even registered what happened. She took out the small box, not wasting any longer than she had to, indulging in a big bite of the sandwich.

Nolan sat on the small dark brown one seater couch across from her, he sighed. "Rae, as much as I love your company, it has been about four or so days".

She swallowed, "subtle, Nolan," she told him, earning a roll of his eyes in response. Reagan let out a heavy breath, "I know how long it's been, no need to tell me. But, I kind of had no choice, if I went to my house, he'd just show up and piss me off even more".

He nodded in understanding, glancing around at the few remaining untouched moving boxes that still littered his home. "So, what time do we go, anyway," he asked, stealing one of her chips.

Reagan glared at him, he shrugged, taking the rest of her chips, "I bought you the food, the least you could do was give me the scraps," he grumbled.

"Whatever," she bit back, "but, you don't get to lay a finger on this burger". With that, she took an angry bite out of it, "and to answer your question, three thirty," she swallowed.

Nolan hummed, looking at his wrist watch, "it's three o'clock right now, we might as well just get going". He pulled himself up, popping the last chip in his mouth, taking his car key out of his pocket.

"Yeah," Reagan agreed, following his lead, getting slippers on her feet, "we should".

_________________✍

"Ah, right on time Mr and Mrs-," Thomas Hastings stopped his greeting, confused at Nolan's presence.

"I'm not sure if Nathaniel is coming today," Reagan piped up, clearing her throat as she nudged Nolan.

He got the hint, extending his arm out for a hand shake, "Nolan Summers," he introduced.

A look of realization crossed the doctor's face, he nodded, accepting his hand with a firm grip of his own. "Shall we," he gestured behind him, leading them towards the familiar small room.

On their way, Reagan caught a glimpse of Alana and Wren walking out one of the many rooms. She smiled, "Alana," she called, Alana looked back, wondering who called her name.

"Alana," Nolan asked, following Reagan's line of sight, he grinned. "Whoa, I haven't seen her in years," he went over to her, "Alana," he called, this time louder to get her attention.

She turned around, Wren gave him a nod, still uneasy with the events that happened days ago, but other wise stayed quiet. His hand stayed intertwined with hers while Nolan gave her a friendly embrace.