Part 27 : Party ~ Breathtaking

"Are you hungry?" Sam asked Rashelle as they looked around and pondered what to do next. Rashelle started to nod.

"I am. I'm really hungry actually." she said.

"Well they have fresh fish over there..." he told her, teasingly, remembering her earlier stated aversion to such.

"Gee, thanks. No thankyou. I'll stick to the land animals, please." she told him with a joking tone and made a face at him. Sam chuckled.

"Well, let's see what they have. Ja?" he asked.

"Ja. Let's." Rashelle agreed and off they went, roaming around from buffet table to buffet table, from hot grill to hot grill and finally settled on a smorgasbord of great smelling or looking or sounding food choices. Sam took their plates and told Rashelle he'd find them a seat if she'd go get them both some drinks. She literally jumped to it and scampered away to the bar.

After a couple of minutes of looking around, Sam found the rest of his bandmates and all of their girlfriends as well as the other girls from TP4Y and a few other familiar faces. Sam took a seat at one of the bistro tables next to them and chatted them up until Rashelle returned with two beers. When she arrived, she got hugs from half the crew and some seriously high praise from everyone who hadn't had a chance to tell her how great she was yet. Sam was awestruck. He'd never seen his friends behave this way, especially to a buitenlander! Especially to a buitenlander that they'd only just met!! It was so strange, Sam mused. Great! But strange...

During their dinner, several more songs played over the club speakers : Follow Me by Jason Derulo and Hardwell; Talk Dirty To Me by Jason Derulo and 2 Chainz; Night Riders by Major Lazer and 2 Chains + Pusha, Travis scott, and Mad Cobra; Lean On by Major Lazer and DJ Snake; Turn Down For What by DJ Snake and Lil Jon; and finally, Get Low by DJ Snake and Dillon Francis. Samuel recognized a pattern and was amused. Each song either repeated or overlapped artists and traveled like six degrees of separation one after the other. He bet the entire set was set up like that. It was fairly impressive, he thought. He wondered if Dioni set it up or if this what that new DJ's handiwork. Whoever it was, he would have to let them know how much he enjoyed it.

~~~~~

Dioni was eager to read Izzy's text and reply to her and as soon as he got himself a plate of food and sat down, he picked up his phone and started flipping through the screens.

Izzy: Hey, I like your style. You're really funny too. I think you're more silly than I am, if that's even possible. I see why Raj likes you. Rashelle I mean. I call her Rajah. It's a long story. Anyway, I love your singing! You have a really nice voice! You'll have to call me sometime and we can talk so I can hear how you really sound. Gotta go to rehearsal. I'll text you later. Ciao xx

Despite the fact that she probably wouldn't see his text until much later, Dioni couldn't resist a reply.

Dioni: I like your style too, and you have no idea how silly I am! I'm looking forward to showing you... Thank you for liking my singing. I'd love to talk to you too. Can't wait! Do good at rehearsal. Kill it, girl! ¡Hasta luego! Xx

Dioni grinned and put his phone in his pocket and dove into his food.

~~~~~

A new song had just started and got everyone singing : Let Me Love You by Justin Bieber. Everyone knew all of the words and everyone sang out loud and proud. It was hilarious and kind of impressive, really. Rashelle was having so much fun, she could barely believe it. She sat across from Sam at the little bistro table and Sara sat beside her and chatted her up while she nibbled on her own plate of food. Sam thought it was too cute how much Sara seemed to have taken to Rashelle. Rashelle seemed to legitimately like her back and that made Sam even happier. He could totally see those two hanging out together, he thought to himself. Sam couldn't stop smiling. It was turning out to be a great night and they hadn't even finished eating dinner yet!