Part 20 : Roadtrip ~ Rajah

"Okay, okay... enough about you two, back to me... " Dioni said and then returned to flipping through the pictures of Isabella. Rashelle and Sam chuckled at him and then leaned over to see what picture he was going to look at next.

It was a picture Rashelle had taken in the first of a series from a shoot Rashelle referred to as the, 'Color Shoot' because she powdered Izzy and the room with color chalks like the ones used in India for their color runs. Her hair was crazy again but fluffy and brushed. She was standing at a side view with her face turned and looking gently over one shoulder, making eye contact with the camera. She was wearing a stark white tank top with ruffles all around the neckline and eyelet around the bottom edges. It looked like a pretty delicate photo except that she was wearing bright lavender lipstick.

"This is the 'before' picture." Rashelle explained and Dioni flipped to the next one.

"Woah" Both he and Sam said at the same time. This was a later shot in the same series but after the color chalks had been applied. This one was a close up of her face and shoulders and all you could see were the thin straps of her once-white tank top. She looked like she was wearing 80's colors all over her face and the edges of her hair were streaked with the chalks as well. You could hardly tell her lips were purple as they seemed overshadowed by all the other colors in the shot.

"Nice!" Dioni said.

"I like that one." Sam said and then Dioni flipped to the next picture.

"DAMN!!" They both said in unison and everyone in the whole car turned to look at them. It was a picture of Izzy in mid air, leaping off the ground, posing with one foot forward and one foot behind as if she were in mid run, her arm back and her hand almost touching her foot again and the other hand behind her head, her hair floating as if she were defying gravity, which essentially, she was with the ridiculous height she achieved with this jump.

Both Dioni and Sam started talking in Dutch and then to the others in Dutch and then Dioni handed the phone Jai who shared it with Cassius.

"Oh shit!" Jai said, "Catchin' some air!" Cassius had a similar reaction and then they passed it on to Kaj and Sara and they too thought the height of her jump was amazing. The phone finally made it's way back but got hung up at Jai and Cassius who started scrolling backwards through the pics Sam and Dioni had just seen and had their own set of dramatic comments.

"So, no music then?" Sara asked.

"Oh shit! I got distracted." Dioni admitted and told Jai to give him the phone. After flipping quickly through as many pics as they could before Dioni insisted, Jai finally relinquished the phone back to Dioni. 

Sam sat back and leaned over against the side of the car and just looked over at Rashelle's profile. It seemed like every hour he spent with her, he learned something new and had a whole new set of reasons to like her even more. He saw that she had a stray curl that had escaped her braid and it lay in a ringlet down her cheek. Sam couldn't help himself reach over and push it back behind4 her ear. Rashelle felt his touch and glanced over at him. He had a thoughtful look in his eyes and seemed to be avoiding her gaze by looking at hair.

"Penny for your thought?" she asked and Sam finally looked her in the eyes.

"What?" he asked, distracted by the newly emerged sunlight that lit up the highlights in her hair like embers in a fire. Rashelle grinned at him and chuckled, wondering what was so interesting about her hair.

"A penny for thoughts."she repeated. "It means tell me what your thinking."

"Oh, ja." he answered finally as his fingertips toyed with the very edges of the tiny curls that had already escaped her braid at the nape of her neck. Then he let his hand drop to the top of the seat behind her head and looked her in the eye again. "I'll tell you." he said. "Later." Rashelle raised an eyebrow at him and he just smiled at her dreamily. That reminded her of something else, something she had forgotten to ask him.