s e v e n

~ l u k e ~

it's been three hours since michael and calum left. it's raining now and its pitch black. the guy that locks the gates and checks that nobody is still in here comes up to me. "it was closing time an hour ago young man.'' he says.

"i'm sorry. i didn't know the opening and closing times and i can't leave yet i still have so much still to talk to ashton'' i said to him.

"was he your best friend?'' he asks me.

"yeah, well i guess but in his suicide letter i found out he likes me the same way i liked him in a more than friends way.'' i answer.

''i know how you feel. my girlfriend committed suicide. i was here everyday just like you are. but one day my therapist said to write letters to her instead of staying here all day. so i did. i still came and visted her everyday. but i didn't have to talk as long and i could get home to my family and talk to them. please i recommend you start writing letters to him. i may not know you very well but it helped alot." he says.

"okay i will try that. thank you so much." i say and get up.

"goodbye, uh"

"luke"

"goodbye luke"

"bye"

when i get home i get a spare notebook out and put it on my desk im so tired i havent slept in weeks. i'll write to ashton when i wake up.

*

dear ashton

this is my first ever letter to you. oh my god i'm so dumb you already know that. oh my god why did i write that?

anyways today i dropped out of school i couldn't do it anymore. anyways i haven't been to school in god knows how long. its been a while.

ash, like i tell you everyday i'm sorry for cutting today. i've actually cut four times today and its only 1pm. my wrists are covered in blood. but i like cutting. it helps me know that i'm alive and not a walking ghost. i finally understand why you did it. it's a pleasure, an escape from reality.

i love you so much. you don't understand. if i admitted my feelings for you, you would still be here right now. im such a fucking baby i couldn't even admit my feelings to my best friend.

im coming to vist you later today.

i love you.

love luke.