Chapter 19 - Princess

The remaining week of confessions went by normally, James remained calm and gave Elizabeth the same credit as every student from the class.

That was only possible because each time Elizabeth went to confession she was no longer alone.

She would not give him the chance anymore.

James could not help but grit his teeth in anger that she had become defiant.

"I see you brought a guard dog again today." He smirked. "How unreasonable, it's not as thought I am going to hurt you. I told you I would only hurt you if you open your mouth."

"You hurt me last time..."

The sadness in her voice pained his heart; his heart he thought could no longer feel empathy.

"Because you provoked me."

How dare you....

"Never mind, the other priest will resume to his post tomorrow. My job is finished as of this evening here. Go on and tell me your sins." James sighed heavily.

After practice on Friday, Elizabeth met up with Zach at a local coffee shop. Anne and Brianne accompanied her.

"Lily couldn't come?" Elizabeth asked stepping into her blond friends car.

Anne fluffed her hair, "Nah she said she's waiting for some guy after practice, I think she's trying to get him to ask her to prom,"

"Prom?"

Anne nodded, "Yeah you know, once schools over the seniors go to prom? Girls in beautiful dresses, guys in handsome tuxes....limos? Flowers? Dancing?"

Elizabeth pressed her lips together, Father would never have let me go to that...

"I can't believe you don't know what Prom is..." Brianne snorted.

"Well since you don't know much about prom I'll help you go dress shopping," Anne put on her sunglasses and sped off to meet Zach and his friend.

The group of teens gathered and ordered drinks before sitting down on a long wooden table.

"Anne what grade are you in again?" Zach asked sipping on a drink covered in whipped cream. Elizabeth sat next to him, Zach's long gentle arm was wrapped around her shoulders and he would occasionally rub her arm.

"Honestly Zachary....you've seen me around since my freshman year." the blond rolled her eyes at him. "I'm a junior remember?"

Zach's eyebrows jumped, "Oh shit I thought you were a sophomore still. Ha, I guess times goes by too quickly."

"He hasn't noticed the clock ticking or the season's changing since he met his little princess last year." Alex said blowing on his hot chocolate before putting it to his lips.

Anne giggled as she noticed Elizabeth's cheeks glow red. "You guys should go as Prince Charming and Princess Cinderella to prom,"

Brianne rolled her eyes at her friends comment, "Why cuz he's charming and she's poor or something?"

Alex choked on his chocolate laughing, "HAHA! That sounds so fucked up,"

"Oh my god that's not what I meant," Anne turned her face to Elizabeth for an apology but found her laughing about the comment too.

"She doesn't look like Cinderella in the slightest," Brianne eyeballed, her cheek rested in her palm.

"Yeah she's more of like that one chick from the movie with the Genie." Alex added.