◐ twenty-two ◑

Im posting bc tomorrow is my last day of exams fml i hope i pass thats the only thing i pray for huhu

Wish me guys luck!

Enjoy! Thanks for 1.5k reads ily goldenness uwu also u can hmu if u want to be friends with me ❤️

I support my head on my fist, bored. These are the times where I wished Joochan gave me back my doodle notebook.

It still wasn't in my possession.

Sure, I could just draw on my other notebooks but I have to rip those pages off if I ever have to submit those notebooks. That notebook was also special to me, it has a sentimental value that I could never let go of.

I let out a sigh, staring at the clock that never moved slower than ever.

It's as if each second felt like an hour.

My eyes wander around, but the only thing my eyes caught interest in was Joochan. Hmm, as always.

I lean forward to see what he was doing.

Joochan quietly glides his pen onto the paper, writing something. Ahh, he must be writing down notes. Usual top student, always diligent.

It looks unusual though. If he was just normally writing, the ink wouldn't pass by the lines that quickly. He isn't that fast in writing, as far as I know.

"....like any other rule, as ironic as it is, the octet rule has its own exceptions," our professor states, adjusting her glasses to scan the students. She spots Joochan and crosses her arms. "Hong Joochan, I never knew you took interest in art more than in my subject."

I snap my head towards Joochan. Art?

Joochan blushes furiously as everyone looks at the said student, embarrassed at the sudden attention on him.

"Stand up."

Joochan hesitantly does so. I look at him curiously, then at what he was actually doing.

It didn't look like handwriting, in fact it looked more of a drawing.

Was he drawing in class?

I blink my eyes at the realization, staring at Joochan again in awe. This is the first time he's done something not related to academics in class.

"Would you like to show to the class what you drew? It seems that it's much more interesting than what I was talking about a while ago."

Joochan struggles for words, I see him looking briefly at me before shaking his head. "N-no ma'am."

"Then would you like to explain why there are exceptions in the octet rule?"

"There are 3 general exceptions..." I zone out on his voice as it becomes monotonous when he switches back to nerd mode.

I blink still, not over at the fact that he was drawing. As far as I know, he didn't have any talent in art, nor did he ever got interested in it. I don't know about now, though.

Joochan sits down after his explanation, and glances at me. He gets surprised when he noticed me looking back at him so he turns to the other side as quickly as possible.

I was alone before this whole notebook thing happened, but now my table is filled with four guys that are immature when together. I couldn't bring myself to get out of the table, they will create an even more huge mess if I'm gone.

I guess that time we were in the arcade will always be the best time of my life. If it weren't for that, these boys wouldn't be present here.

Although, I'm not thankful for the girls darting glares at my back because I am with them.

"Yah, Joochan," Jaehyun starts, mouth full with food. "Why were you drawing a while ago?"

Joochan almost chokes on his water, surprised at the question. He wipes off the water from his chin. "W-what?"

Jaehyun narrows his eyes. "Do I have to repeat myself?"

"Wait, hyung was drawing?" Bomin laughs as if it is a joke. "That's the funniest thing I've heard today."

"I-I wasn't drawing," Joochan fiddles with his chopsticks, almost letting it fall to the floor.

"Sure you weren't," I roll my eyes. "Anyway, since you didn't want to talk about why you were drawing--"

"I wasn't---"

I send him a look and he shuts up, thankfully. "Let's talk about something else."

Bomin lights up, showing his box-like grin, his eyes turning into thin curves. "Ah, like the upcoming exams?"

I frown. "Something not depressing, please."

Jaehyun slumps to the table, grumbling. "Ugh, just thinking of it makes me so drained already."

Joochan swallows the food first before starting to speak. "The student council is planning something. I shouldn't tell you guys but fuck it."

"What's the tea?" I ask him, putting my head on my palm, slightly leaning forward to listen closely. The others follow me, curious about what Joochan will say.

"On valentines," Joochan starts, dragging out the words for more suspense.

Oohh's go out of our mouths as we hear the special holiday.

"What's going to happen?" Bomin asks giddily.

"Every couple will be locked in one room and will be killed for sacrifice for having PDA on school grounds."

Disappointed at what he said, we all leaned back, sighs of regret and disappointment fueling Joochan's laughter.

"I thought you were serious," I sulkily munch on my meal.

"What? Do you think I'd really reveal secret information?" Joochan scoffs. "It's supposed to be secret."

"I'm disowning you as my cousin," Bomin humphs.

"Next time we have some juicy secret and gossip, we ain't telling you." I high-five with Jaehyun, agreeing to what he said. Bomin vigorously nods his head, a determined look on his face.

"Okay, great, gang up on me then. I won't tell you guys anything either."

"You sure about that? No turning back."

"Yeah." And with his bite, the conversations during lunch time disappeared, the mere sound of our chewing and our stares at the student council resident occupying the surrounding silence.