◐ twenty-four ◑

PLEASE REMIND ME THAT MY BIAS IS JAEHYUN NOW BC JOOCHAN IS JUST SHDKSHDKS

HELP THIS JAEHYUN BIASED KID NOT SWERVE LANES AGAIN

also thanks for the 2k reads i really appreciate it ❤️

My head fucking hurts.

I massage my temples in an attempt to ease the ass of a pain in my head, but the only thing that it does is to heighten the pain.

"I shouldn't have gone to school..." I murmur to myself as I drag myself inside the corridors, on my way to my next class. It's only the second class this day and god, I feel like shit.

My feet refuse to go faster even after hearing the bell. I feel like dying. The ground shakes beneath my feet, my vision blurs and I lean on the nearest thing, which is the lockers for balance. I calm down my breathing, closing my eyes. I'm getting dizzy...

A pair of arms encase me, bringing me closer to them to help me balance myself.

"Fuck, Minhee, are you okay?"

How can I not know this voice?

A warm feeling bubbles up inside of me as he holds me. "Clearly, no.." I mutter while still closing my eyes.

"Can you still handle?" The worry in the person's voice is so obvious.

"The world is fucking spinning, you think I can walk straight?"

I feel his hands retreating, and I frown. "Oh, so you're going to be like that?"

I try to find the hands again at my back while still closing my eyes, looking like a fool. "This is me, you should know by now."

I finally turn around to come face to face with him.

"You know what? Let's just go to our class..." I start to walk again towards the classroom when I feel my knees weaken for the second time, causing me to lean on the lockers again.

"Seriously, Minhee, are you okay?" Joochan walks a few steps toward me and places his hand on my forehead. "Shit, you're hot, Minhee."

"Tell me something I don't know."

"Not in that sense," I see the momentary rolling of eyes Joochan does before he comes back to being serious. "But in all seriousness, I think you're really sick."

"You think?"

"Stop being sarcastic."

"Okay, okay, I'll stop." I put out my palm in front of him, still holding my forehead. "And yeah, I really feel like shit."

"It's because you got yourself wet in the rain yesterday."

I turn to him quickly, eyebrows crossed. Did I tell Joochan? I know I didn't. "How do you know?"

He gets surprised and panics, for no apparent reason. He looks to the other side, avoiding my gaze. "U-uh, I just assumed, I mean the rain was really heavy last night."

"Yeah, the sky was also shit yesterday," I remember myself crying because I remembered my parents in the midst of the roaring thunder and the pouring rain.

"So, are you still going to attend class?"

"I need to have the 'punctuality award'," I push, still insisting on going to class.

Joochan crosses his eyebrows in question. "For what?"

"I don't even get on the honors list...that's the only award I can get in school."

I hear his deep sigh. "So you're choosing that over your health?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I finally turn away from him and am about to step until he spoke.

"Isn't it obvious that I'm worried for you?"

I stop in my tracks, feeling the thundering beats of my heart inside, not knowing what to do. Butterflies errupt in my stomach as my cheeks flush. What did he just say?

Without any more words, he grabs my hand and leads me outside the campus, getting out of college. I don't know where we're going, but I feel happy. More so since he is holding my hand the whole walk.

Arriving at his house, I immediately plop on their couch, lying down. I release out a satisfied sigh when I get into a comfortable position. It was really great that Joochan's home was a walk away from school. I make a mental note to have a house near the school of my children as it's really helpful.

Joochan walks over to get the remote and turns on the television. "Wait for me, I'm going to make a soup for you."

"How sweet of you," I chuckle, scanning through the channels. "The question is, would your cooking make me feel better or worse?"

"You're the judge."

Joochan sets off for the kitchen. I laugh to myself as I hear different utensils and kitchenwares clanging on the floor. I could only imagine how clumsy he is right now, thinking of a 'decent' food to feed me. As far as I know, he really didn't know how to cook. I don't know about now, though.

With the comforts of the soft couch, the television, and Joochan's clumsiness, I fall asleep.

I was willing to add more but it would be reaaallyyyy long

watch out for the next chapter or three bc ur in for some fun and emotional shit (probs)

Have a nice day~