◐ thirty-four ◑

"I mean, I kinda expected it already, wasn't it obvious?" Jaehyun slightly chuckles. "I knew you were flunking almost all your subjects."

I glare at him, almost pointing my fork at his neck and retort, "a comforting reaction would've been better. You really just had to make me feel worse, didn't you?"

"What? I'm just telling the truth."

"Hyung, you didn't have to put it that way," Bomin sides with me as he chews his lunch.

"Why? Were you offended too?" Jaehyun smirks. "Your grades are quite low too, aren't they?"

"Why did you have to bring that up in front of noona?" Bomin complains.

I decided to tell the three the happenings inside the faculty room during lunch. Although one is missing - Joochan seems to have some concerns regarding the student council and so he notified us beforehand that he will not join us during lunch - the reactions I gathered from the two didn't leave a good taste.

Jaehyun clasps his palms together and places his chin on top of it, a serious look on his face. "So what's your plan to survive?"

"That...I still haven't thought about yet." I grump. "The obvious action is to study but I absolutely detest it."

"But you don't want to get expelled, don't you?"

I pout. "Of course not."

"I don't want noona to leave school either..." Bomin trails, eyes already brimming with tears.

"Well it's a good thing you have me, then," Jaehyun announces proudly, pointing towards himself. Bomin and I only stare at him with disinterest.

"Really? And why is that?" I ask monotonously.

"You've got one of Golden University's top academic scholars right here, and he's your best friend!"

"Ah. That's great. Yay."

"Seriously, MM, you've gotta be more thankful that I can literally help you with your studies," Jaehyun grumbles, as if he was offended by my reaction. "Tell you what, I'll tutor you in the course of two weeks, just until the examination period arrives. How does that sound?"

"Is it free?"

"Of course it isn't!" Jaehyun chortles. "It's high time I leech off of my well-off friends."

It isn't that big of a deal. It actually does seem like a good offer. He's a smartass, maybe his intelligence might rub off on me during the tutor lessons.

So why don't I feel like I want to accept it?

"Hyung, I want you to tutor me, too!" Bomin begs.

Jaehyun rolls his eyes. "Yeah, okay, sure. But, Minhee," he addresses me with my name, which means he is serious. "is it a yes?"

I want Joochan to help me, too.

"...Fine." I mumble and gobble up the remaining pieces of food on my plate.

"So, tell me, why are we all in my house, again?"

"It's our special base!" Bomin says, excited. "For reviewing and the tutoring."

Joochan snaps. "But why at my house?"

"It's only a walk from school," Jaehyun smiles cheekily. "Anyway, since you're here, we're giving you permission to join in or studying session."

"You're giving me what?"

I just laugh. "Stop complaining and just sit down." I beckon Joochan to the floor, since Bomin and Jaehyun were already comfortably seated down. He grudgingly follows and takes the seat beside me.

"What's our game plan?" Bomin asks.

"Firstly, ram a semester's worth of lessons into two weeks of tutoring. Second, for MM to pass her subjects. Third, to not get expelled." Jaehyun enumerates.

Joochan sighs. "Is it even possible for Minhee?"

"You don't believe in me?"

"I don't."

Bomin bonks Joochan's head. "Hyung! You should be encouraging her."

After some more bickering, we finally start actually studying. Being surrounded with people that can help me whenever I am having trouble with a problem or subject really motivated me to study harder.

It may be one of the reasons I had a hard time studying: no one was there to guide me. Before I had the three dorks, I didn't have anyone to have a study group with, nor did I have a parent I can ask about regarding my studies.

Thank God I became friends with them, I say to myself.

Time flew by more quickly than we had imagined. Before we knew it, it was already past seven. Since I already called our family driver beforehand, I was the first to leave Joochan's house. Bomin and Jaehyun decided to stay for a bit.

"Why were you at Hong's residence?" The driver questions as soon as we hit the road.

"We were studying."

"I see." He smiles, lookinng through the rear view mirror.

Today's study session went smoother than I had thought. I wonder how we'll do in the following days...

I lean back on the chair, finding a comfortable position, and drift myself to sleep as we go back home.

it's a bit short but it's preparation for the BOMB that is the next chapter so stay tuned for that!