A Young Proposal

At ten, Olive Link had decided that she could take on a fully-grown mountain troll by herself. Theodore Cube panicked. He hovered around the rocks, and spied on her, hoping that he didn't get caught.

When the troll growled before her, Olive didn't shiver. She whipped out a sword with three blades and an emerald handle. Theodore gasped. "Where did Olive get that sword from?"

The troll tried to crush Olive with his foot. She dodged his toes and rammed the sword into his groin.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Theodore covered his ears with his tiny hands. He couldn't fathom the fact that Olive wasn't flinching.

Olive retrieved her sword and scurried towards the lonely tree by the waterfall. The troll collapsed and rolled down the hill leaving red splats upon the snow.

Theodore had decided right there and then that he was in love with her. Olive was an adorable girl with mammoth power. At the tender of ten, she could defeat monsters, but she still couldn't get his name right.

Theodore decided that on the day Olive got his name right, that he would bend down on one knee and propose to her.

"Oh," Olive said with a giggle, "Philip; it's you!"

"Yes!" Theodore blushed. He was too flustered to correct her.

"It is Philip isn't it?" Olive asked. She ran up to him and kissed his lips. "Fabio? Finley? Finnick? Fanny?"

"I AM NOT A FANNY!" he roared.

She gazed into his eyes as she spoke. "Don't tell me," she requested, "I want to get it by myself. Oh! I know, it's Theodore!"

Theodore chuckled. "You finally got it."

As a boy of his words, he knelt before Olive and squeezed her hand, crowning her finger with a ring.

"Olive, will you marry me?"