Gut Instinct (Ace Attorney)

Juniper and Athena had known each other since they were children. They were the best of friends and even after all those years they had apart, Athena would still see Juniper as her best friend. When they were little they made a vow that they would protect each other right through to the very end. They both kept true to their word even when times were tough. They had both had a difficult year. They had both been accused of four murders between them, thankfully they were both acquitted due to the hard work of Athena's work place: The Wright Anything Agency.

Athena's boss was the famous Phoenix Wright. Known to people worldwide as The Ace Attorney for the rare ability of not only turning things around for his clients, but also being able to find the real culprits of the crime. It was a very small firm, it was only Phoenix, Athena and a loud junior lawyer known as Apollo Justice. Apollo was proud of his chords of steel. Phoenix also had a daughter named Trucy was still at school, but was actually a magician. The Wright Anything Agency was the first firm she ever worked for and she loved it. Phoenix and Apollo had taught her a lot of things and Trucy was always fun to hang round with. Even when there was no cases, Phoenix would always find something to keep them busy. Nine times of out ten it was cleaning the office.

Juniper was still studying at Themis Legal Academy. Juniper wanted to become a judge. After losing contact with Athena was a child, she developed a gut feeling that Athena would work as a defence attorney since Simon Blackquill's trial. Athena was confident that Blackquill didn't murder her mother, but it took seven years to finally prove his innocence. Blackquill had been protecting Athena the whole time, and he was always pushing for a way for her to succeed.

After all that they'd been through, Juniper wanted to make it up for Athena. Athena smiled, and blushed as she listened to Juniper's proposal to knit her a coat for winter.

"Wow!" Athena said. "That is so sweet, Junie. I can't wait to see it finished." When she kissed her on the cheek, it felt right. Athena would sense a lot of noise from Juniper. The noise suggested that she was happy. Her glowing cheeks made Athena's heart quiver.

"...Thena." Juniper's chin rose from above her neck and smiled gently. "I love you."

It was only three words. But those words made a big difference. Athena detected happiness from her widget. The palm of Athena's hand collapsed into hers like a jigsaw puzzle. She had meant every word of it.