Kill or Spare?

You've been through the blazing summers and hailing winters. You come from a village of superheroes destined to protect the world from devastation. Your name is Ice. A funny name isn't it? You remember getting laughed at all the time for it. But now the playground bullies worship you. Your mission is almost over. The great demon, Fero has lost his army. It's just you, him and your sword.

Instead of trying to kill you, Fero laughs with silver tears running down his cheek.
"What a great battle, my friend."
You look at him with disgust. "I am not your friend! You killed so many noblemen, the sick, and the poor."
"The world is overpopulated. I was simply solving the issue. Besides those people I killed. I did them a favour. If they had survived, their lives would have been meaningless. Some even begged for death."
"LIES!"
You charge towards Fero with your sword ready to strike. He blocks your sword and opens the door to his locket. It has your mother's face in it. He smiles at you. "Would you really kill your own brother."
Your whole world comes to a close.
a) You chose to kill himYou don't believe him. It's just another trick. You pierce the sword into his heart and he disintegrates. You have passed your mission but at a cost. Fero's locket chokes you as you become consumed with a dark aura. Overwhelmed with power, you laugh manically as absolute power possesses you.
b) You chose to spare himYou lower your sword and shake his hand. "Dear brother," you whisper. "Why did it all come to this? Why did you not tell me?"
"I was banished before you were born," Fero confesses embracing me. You both go home and the guild forgives you.