Part 14

*Selena's POV*

"Thank you Justin. I had a really good time. I'm glad we got to talk too," I said as we walked into the hotel daycare thing they had.

"Me too. It was nice to finally tell you what I've been holding onto for so long now," he said to me with a smile.

I nodded and decied it would be best to change the subject, seeing I still wasn't sure how to react about the whole drug thing. "Do you want Bentley or Emma?"

"I'll get Bentley," he said before heading off to the younger area of the daycare while I went to find Emma.

Of course Emma was playing in the corner by herself when I came up. Her face instantly lit up and she ran into my arms. "Mommy!"

I smiled and held onto her tight. "Ready to go back to the room?"

She smiled up and me and nodded. I took her hand in mine as we walked back to the lobby where Justin was waiting for us with Bent sleeping on his shoulder.

-

"We're going swimming Mommy! Wake up!" Emma yelled into my ear as she jumped around the room in her cute little pink bathing suit.

I groaned and threw the pillow to top of my head trying to block out the sounds.

Someone moved the pillow from my face and kissed my neck softly causing me to jolt awake.

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked backing away from him.

He held his hands up in defense. "Calm down, Selena. I was just waking you up."

"Well don't do that. That is not okay? Got it?"

He nodded his hand and grabbed Emma's hand as he whispered to her, "Come on. Let's leave her to get dressed."

I don't know why I flipped out on Justin like that but I don't know why he would think that is acceptable.

I tried my best to shake it off as I got dressed in my bikini. I took a deep breath before grabbing my beach bag and going out to look for Bentley, only to find out that Justin had taken him.

I made my way down to the beach to where Justin was sitting in the sand playing Bent. I had to admit it was adorable to see Justin and Bentley interact. Suddenly all the anger I felt toward Justin for what he did this morning, disappeared.

"Hey," I said awkwardly standing there digging my foot in the sand.

He looked up and smiled. "Hi."

"Can I sit with you?" I asked, biting the inside of my cheek.

He nodded. "Of course."

I sat next to him as we both watched Bentley dig in the soft, warm sand with his hands. "Are we going to talk about what went on this morning?"

"Nope," he said not breaking his gaze away from Bentley.

I sighed, "Justin look. I want us to work again but we can't just pretend like the last year and a half didn't happen. We have to build up to where we were."

*Justin's POV*

I knew that I crossed the line with what I did but when I was with her in that moment it WAS like all the bad stuff didn't happen. It was just me and her.

I nodded and finally made eye contact with her. "Okay."

"I think I'm going to go play with Emma. She looks like she needs someone to play with," she said excusing herself as she stood up to leave.

I sighed knowing that I had just made things awkward for probably the rest of the trip.

I took out my phone for the first time since we got here and I had a million and one missed calls from Kate alone.

I sighed and ignored it as I called the one person I knew who would completely understand me.

"JB!" Fredo yelled into the phone. "How's it going in the big BB?"

"Great until this morning," I said as I watched Bent throw around the sand.

"Bro what happened?"

I explained everything from the plane ride all the way to what happened just a few minutes ago on the beach.

"At least you got her. You will both get over what happened this morning," he said.

"The thing is, I don't really know if we are together? I mean she said she wants to 'work things out' but where does that leave us?"

He sighed into the phone. "I don't know, Justin. Don't push it though. When Selena said she changed, she CHANGED! Just let it work itself out okay? Promise me you won't say anything."

"Fredo I am 24 years old, I don't have to make promised to you like I'm 12," I said.

"Justin."

"Fine! I promise," I sighed into the phone.

"Jay? Who are you talking to?" Selena asked as she walked out of the water looking like she was in a photoshoot.

I stared at her getting lost in the moment until she waved her hands in front of my face snapping me out of it.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

"Who are you talking to?" She asked again with a laugh.

"Oh, um, Fredo," I said running my hand through my hair.

"Tell him I say hi and that I miss him," she said as she wrapped a towel around Emma.

"Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back," I said into the phone before hanging up.

"Sel?"

She turned to face me.

"I'm sorry about this morning. I know that I crossed the line. I won't do it again," I said with a soft smile.

"It's okay. I overreacted a bit too. Let's just put it behind us and move on."

I hoped that she really meant that. We could put our whole past behind us and just move on and finally be happy with each other.