Welcome

The alarm blared my ears, the sound vibrating through my chest.

The body piercing shriek reached every corner of the glade, having a similar sort of effect on some of the others.

Newt and I ran out of the room, headed towards the box.

Newt ran fast, but all of a sudden he stopped.

"Stay here, greenies can be dangerous." He says, placing his hands on my shoulders.

I nod and sit down on one of the closest logs, watching the other gladers run over to the box.

They all huddled around the hole in the floor, the same way the girls stood around the box when I was there. I couldn't explain it, but I really wanted to see the greenie. Having someone here who was just as new as I seemed like a miracle. I saw a boy I haven't talked to jump into the box, staying in there for a minute before ushering people over. They pull the boy out and throw him onto the floor, surrounding him in a circle.

Ass holes. I think, keeping my eyes locked on the action in front of me.

There are a few shouts, followed by some laughs. Without warning the new greenie jumps up, breaking through the crowd of boys. The boy runs across the glade towards the east door, and no one was going after him.

I sigh and roll my eyes, before jumping up and going after him. I let my legs carry me as fast as they can go. I know how it is spending a night in the maze, and although I survived, a newbie had no chance.

I ran over rocks, hearing gladers gasp at the sudden realization that I was out in the open. This would be the first time they've seen me.

I jumped over a small bump in the ground and pushed the greenie hard, sending him flying across the ground.

He crashed into the dirt, using his hands to hold him up. Before he could do anything I ran over and pinned his hands behind his back. Out of the corner of my vision, I could see the rest of the glade running over, surrounding us in a circle.

"Let go of me!" the greenie shouts from underneath my grip.

"Calm down!" I yell at the boy, digging my elbows into the pressure points on his back, forcing him to relax.

"What the hell are you people?" The boys shouts, his brown hair going all over the place.

"I'm just as new as you are! You need to chill out." I say, pressing my elbows further into his pressure points.

He relaxes under my touch, allowing me to pin him.

Minho runs up to me and stops by my side.

"Did he try to hurt you?" He says, his face an angry shade of red.

"No Minho it's fine. Put him in the pit I'll talk to him." I say, standing up and handing the boy over to Minho.

Minho takes the boy towards the slammers. I brush myself and look around. I notice that all the boys are staring at me, mouths gaping.

"Alright alright, back to work," Newt says, standing so close to me, I can feel his chest rising up and down on my back.

I back away and put my hands on Newts shoulders, looking him in the eyes.

"Thanks, Newt," I say, before running off to meet the greenie.

I run over to see Minho crouched on the ground, staring intensely at the greenie, his mouth moving 100 miles per hour.

"Minho Come on. I'll take it from here." I say to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He stays there for a bit, before walking off.

I sit cross-legged on the floor, staring right at the greenie.

"Hey, I'm-"

"Y/N. I know." He says, taking my hand to shake it. "Your little friend told me all about you. 'Touch her and you're dead'." The greenie says, doing his best imitation of Minho.

I laugh, clutching my stomach for breath.

I noticed that the greenie had warm brown eyes and brown hair, but his best feature had to be his one dimple, which was on the left side of his face. (My left)

"So greenie, remember your name?" I say, disconnecting our hands and placing them in my lap.

I look straight into him, noticing all the happiness drain from his eyes. The same draining I'd felt when I first turned up in the field.

"Hey, it's all gonna be okay," I say, placing both my hands on his shoulders. "I'm just as new as you are."

"When did you get here?" The boy says.

"Around 5 hours ago from what I can tell, although I was unconscious before that, but for how long I'm not sure. Either way, I woke up only today." I say, looking out into the glade.

"Cool." The greenie says, relaxing a little. "Where are the other girls? Are they inside doing jobs or are they not allowed outside for some reason?" The greenie says, peering over the edge of the bushes that hid the slammers from the rest of the glade. "All I've seen so far is boys."

I stare at the ground and play with the grass, reluctant to answer his question.

"Umm... I'm the only one." I say, my voice shaking a little at the end.

The greenie looked at me wide-eyed, although his jaw didn't shift.

"The only girl?" He says, moving closer to the edge of the bars.

"Yeh," I say, scratching the back of my head. I clear my throat, obviously wanting to move away from the topic.

"Hey if I let you out you won't run right?" I say kneeling.

The boy nods as if he thinks one wrong move will keep him in there longer.

"Good," I say, swinging the door open and holding out my hand.

"Welcome to the glade."

---------------------------------

Heyo! So that's Thomas... Just so you know. I think I'll write a short chapter on Thomas's P.O.V just because Minho and Newt had a P.O.V chapter. Anyways love you don't forget to vote!!

-Sophie <3