Wake Up Call

Chapter 3

"WAKE UP!" Someone above me scream/wispers.

"Jesus!" I say jumping up from my hammock, and falling out in the process.

Mia starts to burst out laughing beside me.

"Aw shut up idiot!" I say before getting up and punching her lightly in the arm.

"Sorry about that." She says, gathering her giggles. "We do it to every greenie. Get dressed and meet me at the homestead, there's some people you need to meet." Mia says, before skipping out of the deadheads.

"Stickbrain." I curse at her.

I got dressed and walked out of the deadheads, setting towards the homestead.

I stop near the front and see Mia and Melony talking to 2 other girls.

"Y/N! How'd you sleep?" Melony asks.

"Pretty good actually. Who's this?" I ask.

"This is Harriet, and Sonya. Harriet's the head here, Sonya's the co leader." Mia says.

"Nice to meet you greenie! I'm Harriet." The one with dark skin and curly black hair says, extending her hand

"Y/N." I say, taking it gladly

"I'm Sonya." The other girl says, red hair and pale skin glowing in the early morning sunlight.

"Nice to meet you, are you and Melony related?" I say, noticing the scorching similarities.

"It's odd, were not sure, but since were almost identical we've just assumed. Twins maybe?" Melony says, smiling at Sonya.

"Fair call." Mia says, examining the girls.

"Now melody told you about the jobs right? Well today you get to try them out. Any in particular you want to do?" Harriet asks.

I shake my head in response, knowing full well that's a lie.

"Good. You can start with the cooks." She says, pointing to the kitchen.

"Cmon greenie. I'll introduce you." Mia says, taking my hand.

Thought the day I tried every single job..

Cooking was good! I managed to make a lot of food and didn't burn anything.

Slicer wasn't really my thing. Every time I saw blood I gagged, although I had to admit I was alright at it.

Builder was pretty good. I managed to make a table and fix up some windows.

Track hoe was the one I was second best at. Raking at the ground and pulling up plants wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be. There was something peaceful about it.

Medjack. Now I was a the best at being a medjack. It was pretty easy, and I was getting to know the girls really well. There weren't any severe injury's during the day, the worst I got was a cut from one of the cooks.

"Hey Y/N! You can finnish up for the day." Sonya said, dismissing me from the medjack room.

"Thank god. Where are the showers?" I ask. I was ready for a clean.

"Upstairs in the homestead, 2nd floor, first door to the left." Sonya answered, gesturing to the homestead.

"Thanks Sonya," I say, before grabbing my things and heading up towards the homestead.

I walk up the stairs and into the bathroom.

The bathroom is super clean, and there are spare cloths and towels lined on shelves. They were all girls so they just shared clothes.

I jumped into the nearest shower cubical, setting my new cloths and towel down on a bench.

I undressed and let the water run. The water was surprisingly warm, as I was expecting it to be cold.

I let the hot water run over my filthy body, washing all of the dirt away.

I washed my hair and my body, scrubbing all of the filth.

I finished off and dried up, slipping on a black tank-top, and a pair of black leggings.

I walked out of the showers, only to run into Sonya.

"Oh hey Y/N! I was just looking for you, it's dinner time." Sonya said, before turning around and walking down the stairs.

I followed Sonya outside, and made my way to the second kitchen.

I grabbed my food and went to look for a place to sit.

"Oi stickbrain!" Someone yelled from the other side of the field. It was Mia.

"Come sit with us!" She said, gesturing to her table.

When I finally made my way over, I sat down in between Mia and Sonya, Melony and Harriet on the other side.

"Hey Y/N!" Sarah said excitedly from behind her.

"Hey Sarah! Come sit!" I said, gesturing to the spare seat on the other side of the table.

Through the day Sarah had become like a little sister to me. She would talk to me while i worked, making sure i didn't get bored. I felt like I had a responsibility over her, a will to protect her almost.

"So how was your day Y/N?" Harriet asks, poking at her bacon.

"Pretty good! I was good at most of the jobs." I say with a proud smile.

"Yeh except for when she almost smacked Alyssa in the head with a shovel." Sarah mumbles under her breath.

The whole table bursts into laughs, and an embarrassed blush crept across your face.

Most of the girls were smiling, which was surprising for a place like this, and Sarah had a large grin on her face, obviously proud for embarrassing me.

Once everyone had stopped rolling onto the floor and clutching their stomachs from laughing so hard, everyone went back to eating silently.

"So Y/N, any thought on what you want to be yet?" Harriet asks, breaking the silence.

"You mean I get to choose?" I asked, tilting my head sideways.

"Kinda. We'll take in your request and we'll have a gathering to see if it can be approved." Sonya explains.

"Oh. So I can choose anything?" I ask.

"Basically." Mia says.

"Well then." I say.

"I wanna be a runner."

————————
Ayeeee I hope your liking it so far. I'm really busy all the time with school word but I try to put all of my free time into this. I'll try at least one chapter a week and might even be able to fit 2. Anyways I'll c u munchkins later. Baiiiiii -Sophie <3