Thanksgiving

TJ's POV

Harry stood laughing at me as he watched me continuously put desserts into the cart, and then swap them out when I saw something better. We'd been standing in the bakery section for about ten minutes as I did my best to narrow down my sweet tooth selections to only a few options, but it was a struggle to say the least.

"Is this how thanksgiving works? You just throw ten different desserts into the cart and have some turkey on the side?" He laughed.

"Would you believe me if I told you it was?" I asked curiously.

"I might, except I know you and your weakness for sweets."

"Shit, I thought your Britishness might play in my favor." I chuckled as I put a cheesecake back and swapped it for some cupcakes.

"Me being British doesn't mean I don't know that six desserts for two people is a little excessive." He smiled.

"Well we're celebrating...we need a thanksgiving pie, and a cake for Louis, and some stuff for snacks." I shrugged.

"It was just an observation, buy the whole shelf if you want. Bring on the diabetic coma, I'm here for it. Besides, Coach will have us back to death training next week anyway."

I nodded in agreeance, feeling relieved at the thought being back on the ice for some reason. I was always excited to get back after a break, missing the sense of peace and focus hockey brought me, but I felt a little nervous about going back without Louis.

"Yeah...it'll be weird though." I sighed.

"Without Lou, you mean?"

"I'm not used to doing things without him. I mean, we played on different teams when we got old enough and had to separate into girls and boys teams...but playing at this level, with everything that goes on, it'll be weird." I said, doing my best to hide my nervousness about it.

"Well I'm sure he'll be back as soon as he's able, and who knows, maybe it'll give you a chance to prove to people that you're not here because of him. Maybe they'll finally give you some credit." He said encouragingly.

He wasn't wrong, there was a chance it might actually help me as far as the media went, but that didn't mean that I wouldn't rather have my brother with me on the ice where he belonged.

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"Either way, I'll be there." He smiled as he threw his arm around me and we finally started to leave the bakery section.

"As if things weren't bad enough." I chuckled, Harry rolling his eyes at me.

"You know, one of these days you're finally gonna admit how much you love me."

"Don't hold your breath." I smiled. "Or do."

"So savage!" He laughed, bringing his hand up to his chest like I'd wounded him.

I playfully smacked him before I skipped over to the meat section and began to scan the options for turkey since we'd already picked up the vegetables, dessert and the rest of the things we needed and it was the only thing left. I knew Harry was thinking the same thing I was when I heard him scoff beside me.

"Is this a joke?" He laughed. "These birds could feed like 30 people."

He was right. Every single turkey that was left was massive, and I'd already known going in that even a small one would be a lot for the two of us. Of course, neither of us were any stranger to taking down a lot of food, but this was a little much.