Drink a Lil

That Night
6:30 PM
Fenty Residence
Rosé's POV

"Mom, I'm home!" I came through the front door screaming.

"In my room!" She yelled downstairs.

I threw my bag on the couch and made my way up to her room.

"Mom you won't believe what happened earlier."

"What happened my love?" My mother said in her beautiful accent.

"The girls and I met him." I looked at her with a smile on my face.

She stared me down with confusion, "Girl, who?"

"DRAKE, MA!" I jumped.

"I KNOW YOU FUCKING LYING!" she opened her eyes up wide. Rosé, are you serious??"

"Mom, I'm deadass. He wants me in the studio, tomorrow!"

"Oh my God, Rosé. This is what you've been needing!" My mom jumped off her bed and gripped me in the tightest hug I've ever received from anyone. "I'm so proud of you my love. Everything is about to take off for you."

"Let's hope so. Hey, I'm gonna go up to my room and lay down for a bit." I started to inch out of the room.

"Don't you have to go see-" I stopped her.

"Hakeem? Yes, but I'm just gonna lay down for a bit and process. I have an hour and half before I have to be there."

"Okay then hun. Just don't forget. After all, he did get you and the girls those tickets."

"Yes, ma, I know." I said a tad dramatically and headed for my room down the hall.

Once I got into the doorway I heard my phone ringing from downstairs. I ran down and raveled for it in my bag. By the time it was in my hands, the phone had stopped ringing. The notification quickly popped up with 'Missed Call: Hakeem'.

"Shit." Before I could call him back, I then saw a 'New Voicemail' notification."

"This boy.." I chuckled and called my voicemail.

"Yo, girl, you know who this is. Give ya man a call back, ight? Just wanna know if you still comin'. Talk to ya soon." His voice sounded so raspy and sexy, I was shocked.

"Okay, lemme call his ass back." I dial his number.

"Hey, baby, that was fast." He sounded excited.

"Keem, you sound raspy. What you doin', boy?"

"I'm drinking, girl. You should come over early and get some." He smirked. I didn't see it but I know he smirked.

"Get some what?" I smirked back.

"The fact that you don't know what I'm talking about when I say 'some' tells me you want some." He cackled.

"I just want something to drink. What 'some' you talking about?"

"Girl, you'll see once you bring yo fine ass over here." I could hear him get close to the phone. "Besides, it's just me here anyway. Parents out of town till concert night. Who's gonna disturb us?"