Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Haven
~~~

Taehyung had been following Jimin for at least 15 minutes, Y/n still on his back. Due to him being an android he didn't feel tired. He was still wary of the android leading him to this shelter he spoke of, but he had to trust this man.

Jimin was currently leading them down a back alley of a warehouse. There was little light coming from the dimmed, flickering streetlight above giving a yellowish glow to the surrounding area.

Suddenly Jimin stopped and turned to face the two, Taehyung stopping a few metres from him. He gave a smile before turning to knock on the back door of the warehouse they were walking behind. He did a series of rhythmic knocks and then waited a few seconds.

Taehyung could hear a heavy lock turning before the rusting, metal door began to open. Jimin turned to Taehyung and did a follow motion with his hand, before pushing the door open.

Slowly Taehyung stepped forward and followed Jimin into the warehouse. As soon as he entered he heard the door behind him lock. The warehouse was pitch black and he couldn't make out anything with his sensors.

He could hear footsteps moving around him. A feeling of regret washed over Taehyung as he knew he should not have followed this mysterious android. A voice then sounded out from right next to him saying, "Welcome-"

All of a sudden the lights flicked back on and the warehouse lit up to reveal... a cosy place to live. It wasn't what Taehyung was expecting.

In the centre was a campfire with 2 male androids and 1 human sat around it. There were fairy lights hanging from rusting metal beams. Blankets and beanbags were placed on the floor. There was an upper floor that overhung on the right hand side that had fairy lights draped down. The windows on the roof were painted black, probably to keep attention off of the building and not to let light out.

"-to our haven!" The voice finished and Taehyung turned his head to the left to find Jimin smiling.

Taehyung was about to question him but as soon as he went to speak, one of the androids spoke up.

"Yah, Jimin, why are you coming back at this time? And who's he?" A white haired android asked. His posture was lazy and although his voice matched his posture there was an undertone of chastising.

"Sorry, I had to make a detour and picked up an android on the way. Don't mind him," he said before turning to Taehyung and nodding him over to a dimmed part of the warehouse floor.

Taehyung followed but he could feel the eyes of all the androids in the room on him and Y/n who was still asleep. He glanced over at them quickly before turning back, slightly intimidated by the group.

Jimin led them over to a small campfire that wasn't lit yet. He pulled out some pillows and a blanket from a shelf before laying them out close the the fire place. He then got down and lit the fire.

"You can sleep here. You're welcome to come over to the boys whilst she sleeps," Jimin suggested to him but Taehyung shook his head.

"No, I'll stay with her."

Jimin nodded, understanding the android in front of him. He then got up but before he left he handed Taehyung a chocolate bar. The one Y/n was staring at in the shop. Jimin just smiled before heading over to join his friends.

He stared at it for a few seconds before looking back over at Jimin who had just joined his friends.

He then placed it down at a distance from the fire, so it didn't melt. Taehyung then carefully took Y/n off his back and gently laid her down on the makeshift bed. He made sure her head was comfortable and laid the blanket over top. He then joined her on the floor, wrapping an arm protectively around her smaller body.

He laid there and stared at the small flames of the fire. They had had one heck of a day and though androids didn't need to rest, not having to worry about Hyunki was a relief. His mind then drifted to a question: what next?

What will happen in the morning?

Will they be safe?

However, he couldn't answer them. His program was overworked and he needed time to not think about anything. In the meantime he'll have to wait for these answers to come.

761 words