2: The Rowdy Ginger

Half an hour into Mr. Faye's lecture on respecting others and following dreams or whatever, the lunch bell rang loudly in my ears. I was tempted to go over to Sugawara and ask him what he was doing for lunch, but watching his friends gather around him made me realize It probably wasn't the best idea.

Sugawara's POV

Daichi punched my shoulder playfully as soon as Y/N was out of sight. "Suga! I see you've easily acquainted yourself with that new girl!" He teased. Asahi smiled alongside him, raising his eyebrows in shock. "You two came back a sweaty, gigging mess. Don't tell me you-"

"JESUS ASAHI" I blushed furiously, holding my hands up to my ears. "Of course not! Don't be so ridiculous! good grief..." I groaned. Even when I felt annoyed, my mind sifted back to that cute little giggle of hers that drove me crazy. I was going mad. I couldn't put this any way without Asahi taking things out of context. "We just- I mean, she needed help cleaning out her locker and we wrestled for her bag a bit. That's all!"

Even as I said those words I knew they'd be taken as some sort of innuendo, I cringed at the thought. Just as I suspected, Asahi and Daichi burst out in laughter, so I just laughed along.

Y/N's POV

Finding a quiet spot to eat in such a large, busy school was incredibly difficult, but I settled for a bench under a cherry tree behind the school. It was mostly peaceful...until-

AGHHH!

A short, ginger first year fell from the tree branch, proudly holding a ball in his hands. It was a small enough tree, so the fall couldn't of been too hard, but even still he stood up and dusted himself off happily like nothing happened.

"Oh. Hello!" He smiled brightly, bouncing the ball onto the bench beside me. "I'm Shoyo Hinata, you must be Y/N Y/L/N!"

"How did you-"

He ignored me flat and kept talking. "News travels fast in Karasuno High School! Like that one time everyone thought Kiyoko was sleeping with Oikawa or the time Kagayama and I knocked the principals wig off but technically we aren't aloud to talk about that, OH or the time Suga and Daichi-"

I shut him up the only way I knew how, I picked up the ball and threw it right into his chest, causing him to topple over. "SORRY!" I giggled, watching his annoyed but still bright face. "You wouldn't stop talking" we both laughed and he picked up the ball.

"Hey! Why don't you come sit with me and my friends for tomorrow's lunch? It'll be fun!" He grinned, tossing the ball back and forth in his hands. I rubbed the back of my neck and smiled. I could feel my cheeks heat up. "No thank you." I politely declined, tucking a strand of my h/c hair behind my right ear. Hinata shrugged my rejection off and opened his mouth to protest.

"HEY CARROT-TOP! DID YOU GET THAT BALL YET?"

Both our heads snapped in the direction of a tall, black-haired boy. He glared at me in confusion, looking me up and down. Hinata blushed lightly and smiled over at me. "Sorry Y/N-Chan, I gotta go! I hope you change your mind about tomorrow!"

And with that he ran off to join his friend.