Chapter 8 -"guilty"

+ ELIJAH BASS POV

I don't know what to do anymore, I messed up so bad. Maybe if Selena didn't show up then everything would have been fine but at the same time maybe there is a reason behind this. I have mixed feelings. My real love and the person that I have always loved is Selena. Diana, I don't know.

Not gonna deny that Diana is an amazing person. She cares a lot about me and loves me that's why I feel guilty. I feel guilty when I tell her that I love her and I don't mean it, I feel guilty when I look her in the eyes and tell her that she is the only one I love but there is someone else.

I need to get away for sometime and think about this, Jersey will help me. I know Vincent did that on purpose. He made this entire Jersey thing to make me choose the right person and I hated having choose. Someone was going to end up getting hurt.

Not gonna lie this is gonna help alot and a part of me feels horrible for Diana. The poor girl is inlove with me. She is in love with a guy like me that doesn't know how to stop hurting people. People that he loves.

Selena is not single anymore. She clearly moved on and she is living a happy life with Miles. I hope he loves her as much as I do. This makes me think even more that maybe if I leave Diana, Selena is gonna stay with Miles. Of course she is going to stay with him not with a douche like me who left her.

I left Selena 2 weeks before senior prom and she kept talking about it the whole time and how much she was excited that I was going to be with her. She is not going to forgive me. Violette told me that Selena was a mess when I left. She didn't want to see anybody and stayed home all the time.

But it was the best for her that I left.

I unlocked my room quietly scared to wake up Diana and closed it slowly. Diana was already awake and she was standing in the balcony talking to someone on her phone. I put the keys on the coffee table and opened the balcony to go to her.

Diana turned around quickly and I flashed her a smile but I noticed the tears rolling down her cheeks. I pulled her into my arms and she cried even more.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her making sure my voice came out calm trying to comfort her. She lifted her head from my chest "I was worried about you because I woke up and you weren't near me as always. I called Vincent and he told me that he didn't see you so I told the guards to go find you. I thought I lost you."

Her words broke my heart and it made it harder for me to leave her. That's why I hate myself because Diana really loves me but she doesn't deserve a person like me.

"Hey hey I am fine" I said placing my hands on her cheeks making her libidinous green eyes meet mine. She seemed a little trapped because she held my wrist and moved it away "All I hear from you is I am fine, you don't even talk to me anymore."

"Diana I am fine, no need to make it a big deal. You know I love you." She turned around her back facing me as she held the metal pole "Is there someone else Elijah?"

I never expected her to say this. I didn't know that I was not paying that much attention towards her. When we started this relationship we promised each other to be honest and trust each other to have a healthy relationship. Lying to her isn't a good idea but I should.

"No, Diana baby why would you suspect that?" I asked her getting closer to her and wrapping my arms around her waist.

"I don't know why but you stopped talking to me like we used to, you stopped taking me out, you get pissed off easily and it's just ever since we came to Hawaii you changed." Diana explained.