Chapter 10 -"Jersey"

PAST

With my key, I locked the door to my house after saying goodbye to both of my parents. Searching the parking lot of my house for Elijah's car, eyes landing on it when he honked the horn of his steering wheel. He got out, saying hi to me and opened the passenger's seat to me to get in.

"I hope you slept, we are going to spend the whole night together." he placed his hand on my exposed thigh tightening his grip around it, the other hand coiled on the steering wheel,eyes on the road. The ride to Elijah's mystery date was peaceful, relaxing my back on the seat humming the music that was being played and having small talks with Elijah.

"I hope you love this." Elijah with a smile went to open the door for me. I looked around to see where he bought me, it was a lake which made sense to why he asked me to bring a swimsuit.

Elijah held my hand as he helped me out "Gentleman much." I teased a chuckle escaped his lips."only for you Sel."

Elijah gave me sometime to admire the place and when I looked back at him he had a smirk on his face as he was taking off his clothes. I looked at him confused with my eyebrows frowned. It's freezing and this idiot wants to go in the lake.

"Well, we are going in whether you like it or not." Elijah folded his clothes that he just changed neatly placing them in the car's trunk along with my clothes too after I changed leaving me in my swimsuit. Instantly, the cold breeze started hitting my body and i hoped the lake's water won't be so cold.

I walked to the lake and put my toe in it to test the water, hissing at how cold it was. I turned around to tell Elijah that I am not going in and he already stood there hands on his hips. I started running back towards the car to lock myself in it so that Elijah wouldn't force me in but he was quick enough to throw me over his shoulder making sure to slap my ass.

"I made it clear that we were both going in." Ignoring all my the punches and yelling for him to put me down he still insisted on me going in with him, throwing me in the lake.

I got out to catch my breath and I was freezing due to the cold water, it's the beginning of winter and only sociopaths like Elijah swim during this time in freezing lakes.

Elijah got quickly used to the freezing water while I wrapped my arms around my body. "You are such a drama queen just loosen up and you will enjoy the water."

I did as told and let my nerves to calm down helping me loosen up in the water. I closed my eyes but opened it when I felt an arm being snuck on my waist. Elijah pulled my closer to his body, hinting for me to wrap my legs around his torso.

"Do you like it?" My gaze was on his wet irresistible parted lips, his words inaudible to me, mind only focused on capturing our lips together . I didn't hesitate to smash our lips together, a sense of comfort consuming me as he moves his lips against mine that didn't last long before he broke it.

He glanced back at me "That was a good answer" he whispered causing small chuckles to escape our lips. He pulled me closer to him so now my head was resting on his warm chest.

We just stared at the stars enjoying the unbelievable moment. When we are together it's always like just me and him. We don't care about anything else it's just us.

"Do you think about our future?" Elijah asked out of nowhere breaking the silence. I lifted my head from his chest "Why are you asking?" We never spoke about our future together before, we didn't rush or overthink things and always let time show us what the next days of our lives are going to look like.