Chapter 13 -"love the feeling"

(Listen after flashback)

_______________

I kept thinking for so long about Caleb and his words. Although, it felt like he wasn't going to act his words out but you never know what a person is capable of. Trouble being caused was the least thing that I wanted to be on my to be concerned about list.

As I entered the cafeteria to have lunch, glancing at our table which was missing Elijah. Searching the room for a good minute until my eyes landed on my boyfriend who was around Caleb and his friend group, not a very pleasing sight.

Walking towards my friends, guessing that sight enraged Vincent. Sitting down setting my tray of food about to start but my eyes caught Elijah who was making on his way, to our table with Caleb's group. Well, goodbye to my appetite.

First thought that crossed my mind, causing a fight to 'impress' was a failed mission for Caleb but going after Elijah who has a good reputation and popular around school was his plan b.

"Babe let me introduce you to some new friends." Elijah rested his hand on my shoulder as he started to introduce us to the group.

"This is Caleb, Marcus and Jeff." Flashing them a fake unwelcoming smile showing zero interest in the new company.

"Woah Elijah, when you told us about your girlfriend you missed to mention how hot she is." The audacity this group has is insanely nauseating. Elijah having a serious look, more to warn Jeff who spoke.

"Man I was kidding." Slapping Elijah's chest playfully as they all laughed. Not only did these guys have horrible energy and lack morals but they also had no sense of humor. Finding the conversation quite irritating and boring, I excused myself.

"Are you oka-" I cut Vincent off, adjusting my shirt and taking my stuff as I got up."I am absolutely perfect."

After the day was over, Elijah being my ride back home was very unfortunate. Silent in the car until we reached my driveway.

"I am actually going to meet up with Caleb and his friends, sorry about our date but I will make it up." Elijah Bass who never cancels a date since we started dating, the one who could perfectly balance between his relationship, friendships, school and family time.

"Okay babe, It's fine." Lying, I opened the passenger's door but got pulled back by Elijah who in a swift moment grabbed my face to attach our lips together, moving in a harmonized sync together, grasping my hips to keep me in place.

Something felt strange about this kiss.

"I promise I will make it up for you." Smiling at him, that was one good apologetic kiss. I went back to my house after leaving Elijah.

Still having this pit of nerves forming in my stomach, anxious about Elijah being present around this group.

I believe we all need a change but at the end its either we chose the one that makes us a better person or the one that destroys us.

______________

Everyone around me changed no one is the same anymore, you are obviously not the same person you were five months, two or five years ago. We all eventually change and grow out of our old life style or habits. It's only best if that change doesn't harm anyone or destroys the person. That's what I call the downfall of a human being.

As I sat on a rock admiring the view of the entire city from up there and the stars shinning which calmed my mood, nothing better than nature. Sitting alone, in the farthest place I found away from everyone.