Chapter 11 -"memories"

+ SELENA ROSE'S POV

The wind caressed my cheeks brushing my hair gently as I opened the blinds to wake up Miles. It was eleven pm and it was time to go to the school. Vincent wanted us to go late at night so that we have a less chance of getting caught.

"Miles wake up we should leave now." I whispered softly to my Miles and he let out a groan rubbing his eyes. He nodded and got up to get his clothes to change. I opened my wardrobe to get my clothes too, closing it passing by the window my eyes caught a glimpse of Elijah and Diana making out, going to close the curtains so I don't have to witness whatever goes on between them.

Feeling terrible and abashed for being jealous of Diana, trying my best not to show how much it affects me seeing them together only had a bad influence on me.

Falling in love with someone you will never be yours is the hardest thing ever. It fucking hurts.

I never thought I would be in so much pain and yet be in love with the person who is causing. I put Elijah as my priority number one and this is one of my biggest mistakes. Putting your happiness in someone else's hands is a horrible desicion.

Because you don't know if that person is really worth it.

I never put effort into loving myself, I was raised with the words "Love your body" but never "It's okay to look in the mirror and feel insecure about parts of it" because how am I supposed to love every inch of my body when I can't accept or like how it looks like?

And thinking about it, it's inhuman to love everything about yourself. It was never that easy to simply love my body.

"Calm down Selena it's going to be alright just two and a half months and your life will be back to normal." I whispered to myself in hopes to make myself feel better.

The problem is that I never gave someone a chance. Everytime Stephany set me up for date I always refused or just made excuses not a go.

I shrugged all my worthless thoughts away and concentrated on applying my makeup after getting dressed.

As Miles and I were making our way towards the door to leave we were called by my mother.

"Sweetheart your dad and I are going out for dinner together to give you and Miles some time alone." Mom announced and I mentally gagged when I knew what she meant by time alone.

When mom and dad left I looked back at Miles who burst into laughter after mom and dad left. I nudged his shoulder and walked towards the door to leave.

Everyone was outside and I noticed a new face. I greeted everyone and then when I slowly started approaching the new face, noticing how red Stephany's cheeks were getting.

"Selena this is Jaidon my date, Jaidon this is Selena my best friend." Stephany introduced. I stuck my hand out for him to shake but I was surprised by his actions when he took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Nice to meet you Selena Rose." Jaidon said with a smirk and I felt confused on how he knew my last name but I guessed Stephany probably told him.

The car ride was us blasting music and singing with our horrible voices and Stephany telling us some lame jokes but we still laughed at them.

We reached the school and made sure there was no security. We followed Vincent towards the teachers stuff window which is the easiest way to sneak in, I think this isn't his first time doing this.

Vincent helped us all climb in starting first with Violette then the rest. As soon as we exited the teachers room, our eyes started scanning the place around, everything looked the same it's like we left this place yesterday. The nostalgic feeling that I got was unexplainable.