Chapter 22 -"hell hole"

( put on repeat )
seriously listen to it because it goes so well with this chapter.

_______________

+ SELENA ROSE'S POV

The day i spent with Elijah truly made a huge difference. I am thankful that i have someone like him in my life to help me clear my mind from all the things going on in my life.

But today isn't a normal, it's Stephany's birthday.

She didn't even call to tell me where the party was or anything. Miles told me that he is going to find the address of it on his own. I am disappointed by how she completely changed.

In other words how Jaidon changed her.

I went downstairs after grabbing my black clutch to see Miles waiting for me.

"You look good Miles." I said trying to lighten up his mood and it worked by causing a charming smile to appear on his face.

I followed Miles to his car getting in and buckling my seat belt and he did the same as well.

"So." I said breaking the silence to get Miles' attention then proceeded. "Where is the birthday party exactly?" I asked him.

"Not so far away from her house, i assume it's one of Jaidon's friends house." Miles answered letting out a loud sigh after.

"Oh okay." I said with a smile then Miles drove away from my house.

Anxiety was running through his entire body, gripping the steering wheel tightly, he kept shaking his left leg something Miles always does when he is nervous. "Miles we are going to have fun too not just to confront Jaidon." I assured him.

"I know of course. I don't want to ruin her birthday." Miles said giving me a comforting small smile.

We stopped in the driveway of the house getting out of the car.

I saw Elijah's car not so far from our car so i guess Vincent is here too because Miles texted them the location earlier. I looked around admiring the huge yet fancy house. It was very well decorated on the outside, probably on the inside too. We glided up the three stairs then opened the door entering the house. The first thing that greets us as we enter is the awful smell of weed and cigarettes, horrible flashbacks from high school going through my mind. I saw Jaidon and Stephany together sitting on a bar stool.

Stephany was on Jaidon's lap and he had his arms around her waist, his head buried in her neck. Gross.

I see Elijah and the rest already on the dance floor dancing as if the party didn't just start. Miles pulls my wrist towards the bar ordering drinks for us. I take the drink from the bartender and drink it feeling the warm alcohol hit my throat.

I am not planning to get really drunk tonight. Basically just to keep an eye on Stephany and Jaidon, I am concerned about her around him.

"Are you going to talk to her?" Miles asked taking a sip from his rum. "Nope." I replied to him looking back at Stephany and Jaidon who were walking towards us. Miles lets out a huff in annoyance then rolling his eyes and looking away not wanting to face Jaidon.

"Who invited you?" Jaidon asked raising his voice over the loud music.

"Ummmm, ourselves." I said raising an eyebrow as I crossed my arms against my chest eyeing him.