behind the texts

Tay knocked on the door loudly, bouncing on the balls of his feet from the excitement that coursed through him. He had been excited all day to see New. He couldn't explain it, he was just ecstatic that he got to see the younger again. He heard Off snort at him, and he stuck his middle finger up as the door opened. It was Gun, whose outfit made him look especially tiny. He was cute, but not as cute as New.

"Hi Gun, how are you?" Off spoke up, and Tay looked back to see him smiling. He didn't question it (even if it was a bit out of character for the normally quiet and stoic man) and turned back to the door to see New slowly walking towards it. He saw the pain on the other's face so he quickly greeted the shortest boy in the house with a quick "hi Gun!" before hurriedly walking through the door when Gun got out of the way and made his way quickly over to Newwie.

New smiled at him and Tay didn't resist wrapping him in his arms softly, hugging him gently. He heard and felt the giggles that the younger produced which made him smile brightly. New wrapped his arms around Tay as well, so the two of them stood near the doorway wrapped in each others' embrace.

"Okay lovebirds, we are still waiting for the food, do you want to watch a movie or something?" Gun spoke, making New try to pull away. It didn't as well as he thought it would seeing as once he left Tay's arms, Tay just wrapped him up in a back hug. He could see the tips of New's ears get red, making the older's heart race. He rested his head on New's shoulder timidly so it didn't hurt him. New opened his mouth like he was going to talk, but Off cut him off.

"Babii, sometimes you're a genius but why are you willingly signing us up to be in a room with that for two hours?" Off was acting like the big baby he actually is, which made both Tay and New laugh quietly at the tantrum he was throwing. Gun, however, was taking none of his shit.

"Because we have nothing better to do? And the movie will cause a distraction so we don't have to witness it." The short guy had his eyebrow raised, his hands on his hips making him look sassy. It was an interesting sight. Off looked a bit shocked, but a smile grew on his face and he nodded.

"That's fair, I guess," The bright smile that formed on Gun's face made a soft flush form on Off's face and Tay made a mental note to ask his best friend about his feelings toward the short guy later. New was more important right now. He mentally apologized to Off for picking favorites.

"The food isn't here yet? I ordered it a while ago though," New whined, and Tay could see the pout from his perch on the other's broad shoulder. He had the urge to kiss it away, to kiss New and make him feel better. He suppressed that urge quickly and covered up his growing shyness with a joke.

"It's fate saying that you should let me pay for it," immediately after he said that, New turned around in his arms, the pout still on his face. Suddenly, Tay felt attacked by how cute New was. His heart raced again, and he felt a flush take over his cheeks.

"But P'!" New's pout deepened, and Tay almost lost his mind. He was sure had feelings for the younger boy at this point with how much he just wanted to feel those soft lips on his. This would probably end up being a problem, but Tay couldn't find it in himself to care.

"But nothing, baby boy. I want to pay, okay?" Tay had a poor brain-to-mouth filter it seemed when the pet name slipped through. He held back his look of surprise because fuck he hadn't meant to do that. New just wrecked him.

"Fine," the pout just became more of a nuisance to Tay's health, but when his eyes finally came off New's kissable lips he saw how rosy the other's pale skin had become. Tay was convinced the world either really liked him to give him such a gorgeous crush or it either really fucking hated him to give him such a gorgeous crush. New was a looker, that was sure. Tay was going to die if he didn't get to kiss him at least once.

The four of them ventured back to the living room where Tay cuddled New all night last night, and Tay found his way back to the same spot he was sitting in the night previous, and New slowly situated himself next to him.

"Does it hurt bad?" Tay asked, and New shook his head. Tay got an "it's just a little sore" from New but a nod from Gun. He chose to believe Gun but say nothing. Off chose the movie Baby Driver because he purely liked the soundtrack, so Tay placed an arm around New's shoulders because he knew he wouldn't be watching the movie. Soon after the food came and he ran to the door to pick it up and pay, thanking the delivery man and returning to the living area. He served plates and made drinks for the other boys while he was up so he didn't have to do it later. Once he was finally seated again, New cuddled up to his side.

He smiled as he ate, finishing his food around the same time that New did, so he took both of their plates to the kitchen before returning back to the couch.

"Thank you, P'Tay," New smiled and Tay smiled back. The older opened his arms as an invitation for New to cuddle him and the younger quickly moved before hissing in pain. Tay grew concerned and gently moved New to his chest, letting New situate his body in a comfortable position. He lightly drew figure eights on New's ribs in an effort to comfort him, and New looked up at him with a grateful smile on his face.

Tay really was going to die if he didn't kiss New senseless soon.