What Happened

Chapter 12

Tris pov

Friday ( two days after tris left the hospital )

I wake up on my own. Without any alarm clock or phone buzzing, or John screaming yelling at me.

I look at the clock 11:46am it says in red digital letters. I'm not suppose to go to school or work till Monday or Tuesday.

I explained to the manger
Max that I got in an accident and would come back next week. He really enjoys me there. In his words
"You bring the happiness to the place" I blush when he says that.

John said he was going to what like North Carolina for the week? I don't care I'm just glad he is gone.

I haven't seen Tobias since he came to my room at the hospital after the accident.

I have texted him a bunch tough.
And Christina has texted me asking how i am doing. Tobias went to school yesterday and told everyone why we were gone.

i have also got messages from Will saying that he hopes i make a good recovery. i also got messages from everyone i met on the first day of school. I thought it was very nice.

thats the first time in a while where a group of pepole have actually carred how i was. It makes me smile thinking about it.

Tobias gets his cast of in two weeks I get mine of in three weeks. But I get my stitches of later today at one thirty.

So I decided to get in the shower. I always loved showers. Somewhere I could just be alone and think. After the shower it's about 12:10.

I get dressed in this gray almost, sweater. It's honestly to big for me. it hides my cast, the only thing that gives it away is the way my arm is curved. I get most of my clothes from the thrift shop, or Walmart. Sometimes even target.

After that I put denim shorts on, my hair is a mess. So I look around and find this gray beanie, with a pattern of black. It also covers my stitches.

I add a little mascara to the ends of my eye lashes. I rarely wear makeup. It's pretty expensive. I put a little watch on. It has a black wristband and is silver around the actually watch that tells the time.

I grab little black slip on shoes, they are really comfortable. I grab my black plastic sun glasses and plop them on top of my hat.

I'm gonna have to walk, so I better start now. I grab an old jansport book bag. I got it at the thrift store in really good condition. It's a tan peach color.

I take it and go downstairs and put 2 water bottles in It, and I look in the pantry. And I see a box of granola bars. They haven't even been open yet

"Fat ass" I say to myself. With a laugh.

I grab 2 and but them in book-bag. Then I go back up stairs. I put my phone charger in there just in case. I take my key and lock the door and leave.

I have been walking for about 15 minutes and it is about 12:50 I have just reached the city where most of the stores are. I see a Bench I gladly sit down.

Its pretty hot out, or for at least this shirt am wearing. but i got to hide all the brusies.

"Need a ride somewhere?" i hear a fimilar voice, i look up, "Caleb?' I question squenting my eyes trying to see in the expensive car.

"the one and only" he responds with a litlle laugh. i get up

'I would love a ride actually" I say with a thank you."No problem, where to?' he responds.