Eight

Zach's POV

(time skip, just because.)

Jack sits up and curses at the sound of his phone buzzing. 

"What is it?" I ask worriedly.

"Corbyn and Daniel are coming back. I gotta go." Jack says, standing up. 

"What? Stay.....please?" I beg. Jack shakes his head, his eyes softening.

"I really wish I could.....but Corbyn's and Daniel's reactions might be a bit unpredictable." I stick out my bottom lip.

"C'mon Zachy, you know I wish I could." Jack says at the sight of me pouting. Suddenly, he leans in and gives me a soft kiss on my lips.

Then he's out the door.

I sigh and get up from my bed, and head into the studio. I pick up my guitar, unsure of what to play, just knowing that I have to do something before my thoughts take over. But they do anyway.

I strum out a C chord, hum to myself, then strum a D minor chord. Realizing what song I'm playing, I slowly figure it out and start singing the lyrics. 

Heaven only knows where you been

I don't really need to know

I know where you're gonna go

On my heart where you're resting your head

And you just look so beautiful

Just like you were an angel

I start singing louder once I get to the pre-chorus.

Can I stop the flow of time? 

Can I swim in your divine?

'Cause I don't think I'd ever leave this place

I see something move out of the corner of my eye, but I don't look up because I'm too focused.

Oh, turn the lights turn the lights down low

Yeah, now I'm feeling you breathing slow

'Cause, baby, we're just reckless kids

Trying to find an island in the flood

Oh, turn the lights, turn the lights down low, oh.

I stop because I don't know the lyrics after that. I furrow my brow and try to think when someone from the doorway starts singing.

Under heavy skies in the rain

You're dancing in your bare feet

Just like we're in a movie

Grab my hand and we're chasing the train

I catch you looking back at me

Running through a cloud of steam

I look up to see no one else but Jack.

"Saw you walking into the studio." He says. I feel a blush creep up my cheeks. 

"U-um, y-yeah, 'kay then." I mumble. I feel my cheeks get even hotter. I didn't think that was possible.