Two

Zach's POV

Once we get back, I go in my room and get on Instagram and scroll through posts, just looking for something to do. After a while, I get up to go to the bathroom and I hear faint music coming from the studio, and a super familiar voice. I grin, and start creeping towards the studio. 

I get there just as he's finishing the pre-chorus.

I said, I already told ya,

I think that you should get some rest.

I try to stifle a laugh when he hits a wrong chord for the chorus, but I fail. My laughter echoes in the hallway as Jack jumps and looks up, a mix of emotions on his face. He looks annoyed, startled, and maybe even...happy? No. It's probably just my imagination. 

"It should be a G chord.....not whichever chord you just played." I grin cheekily. 

"Jeez, you scared me. And yeah, I figured that out." He says tiredly. I notice the dark circles under his eyes.

"Woah! Dude, you look like a panda! How much sleep have you been getting?" I ask, concerned.

"What?! Don't worry 'bout me, I'm fine." He looks surprised. Is that a hint of red on his cheeks?

I sigh in defeat. "Alright then." 

Jack's POV

I was so surprised when Zach showed up. And okay, maybe I was a bit happy to see him there, but I don't know why. I look up at the clock. It's been 30 minutes since Zach left, and I've been making pretty good progress on the song. I stand up, sigh, and walk out of the studio.

I find Corbyn, Jonah, and Zach sitting on the couch with Daniel strumming the guitar. 

"Finally. I thought you'd started digging your own grave in there." Daniel says without looking up.

"Guys, why am I the target of all this hate? This is bullying!" I fake whine.

Everyone starts laughing and I shoot them a look.

"Should we get started?" Corbyn asks after the laughter dies down. 

"Sure." I reply. We're practicing our parts for the concert in a week. Halfway through, Zach forgets the words to These Girls, and everyone starts cracking up. Suddenly, the doorbell rings.

I get up and open the door.

"Hi Ann." I say. 

"Oh, hey Jack!" Ann says. We've been friends for a long time, but I hadn't seen her lately. I'm confused about why she's here, but then I remember her text.

"Guys, I gotta go." I look around and see all the guys nodding at me. Except for one person. Zach's eyebrows are furrowed, the corners of his mouth tugged down. I cock my head to the side, asking him a silent question. He just shakes his head and goes upstairs to his room. I shrug, and turn to Ann.

"Let's go."

Zach's POV

Damn. Who is that girl? Was Jack dating and never told us? Everything seems to slide in and out of focus as I head up to my room. A tear traces its way down my cheek, splashing onto my pillow. I stare at the stain, confused about why I'm crying. 

Then my door opens and it's Jonah and the tears start to flow freely. 

He embraces me and I wonder if this is what having a big brother is like.

"I don't even know why I'm crying!" I sob into his shoulder.

"So I think it's confirmed you're gay......" He starts. 

"Yeah. And?" I ask miserably. 

"And I think you like Jack." He announces.

"Wait.... I. Like. Jack?!" I pronounce each word carefully, trying to make sense of them.

"Yeah. I think it's why you're crying. 'Cause you're angry Jack's going out with a girl or something, I dunno." He says. Jonah smiles and ruffles my hair, then walks out.

19 views.....yay, I guess? I don't really know. ANYWAY.... thanks for voting if you did! SHOUT OUT TO YOU GUYS!

Anyways, I'm going to publish randomly, so :D

THANK YAAAAAAAA!!

PEACEEEEEEEEEE!