Eleven

Jack's POV

I can see Zach's eyes desperately searching my face, my eyes. But the thing is, I'm so numb I can't even feel the butterflies in my stomach that he sets off.

"Jack....don't do this to yourself." Zach looks away from my face and takes my arm. The tears start coming quicker and I bury my face in my arms.

"Jack, you're also one in seven billion. And I'd also be blind if I couldn't see how special you are." Zach takes a deep breath and then I realize he's replying to my text.

"There is no one out there in the rest of the world that makes me feel the way you make me feel." Zach sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"And if I let you go, if I pushed you away, I'd never find anyone else because you'd always be on my mind. If you went, I'd probably go too, just so I could see you up there." I peek out at him.

"Jack....remember when I first met you?" Zach asks softly. Yeah, I do. His mouth was wide open like a gaping fish, and I'd had to say his name a few times before it registered. He said a soft 'hi' and his cheeks went redder than usual. I remember smiling at him, and thinking, This boy....

"I fell in love with you the moment I saw you, and you smiled because I think you knew." Zach says, chuckling. I feel his fingers on my chin, making me look up at him.

"Jack, I love you. I love you so much my heart hurts and before I met you I thought that it was unreal for someone to be able to love somebody else to the point where they would do anything to make them happy. But you proved me wrong." Zach says, a half-smile playing on his lips.

"Zach, I-"I pause, looking for the words.

"Zach, I meant what I said in those texts. Everything. I'd die without you here." I say the next 3 words slowly, trying them out.

"I love you." Zach's smiling, and I think this boy has just fixed me. I open my mouth to say something, but instead, I feel Zach's lips.

It's amazing.

It's a simple action but it says so much, it says I love you in a thousand different ways, it's every single emotion words could never describe, it makes my head spin and I can feel sparks coming from both of us, and that's when I realize I would give everything if it meant that I could stay with Zach.

I feel his arms around me and I melt into him, wishing that we could stay here forever. 

"It's getting late, we should go to bed." Zach says, standing up. I follow and nod my head. Once we get to my room, I lay down in bed, not even bothering to change. 

Just as Zach's about to leave, I wrap my hand around his wrist and whisper, "Stay for a bit?" He nods

Zach's POV

I don't know what else to do so I start singing. 

There goes my heart beating

'Cause you are the reason

I'm losing my sleep

Please come back now

There goes my mind racing

And you are the reason

That I'm still breathing