Fifteen

The next few chapters are mostly gonna be in Zach's POV. If POV changes, I'll let u guys know

"Zach, don't cry. Everything's gonna be alright." Corbyn's hugging me.

"Yeah man, I'm sure Jack's gonna wake up." Daniel says, rubbing my back.

"Y-yeah, b-but he might have a-a-amnesia....it's a h-head i-in-injury." I want to tell them about the encounter with Jack so bad, but I can't....

Jack's family and Ann are currently seeing him. I'm sitting in a chair waiting to go see him. Suddenly, Isla comes running out of the room and says, "Jacky's awake!" I stand up and I go into my shell, not letting any emotion show, because I think I know what's already happened.

I walk into the room, and I see Ann kissing Jack on the cheek.

Jack looking slightly confused but happy.

Jack looking confused when he sees me.

Jack's dad looking triumphant.

Jack's mom crying her eyes out, shaking her head.

I walk back out and mutter something like, 'sorry, wrong room.'

The boys see me and give each other concerned looks. Jonah's about to talk, but then I cut him off.

"Jo, I need to talk to you." I sigh.

"I'll drive you home." Jonah says.

10 minutes later.....

The minute we get back, everything spills from my mouth, including Jack-the-sprit thing.

When I finish, Jonah's speechless. For once.

"So you think the current situation right now is that Jack's dad took advantage and told Jack that Ann is his girlfriend?" Jonah's brow is furrowed.

"Yeah.....you should probably go back to the hospital." Tears are starting to form in my eyes.

"Zach....." Jonah trails off. Honestly, there's nothing else to say. Nothing else we can say.

Jonah nods and heads out the door.

I head into the studio, picking up my guitar. Say you won't let go comes to mind. It was Jack's favorite song.

Then Dancing on my own, You are the reason, Lights down low, and finally, Over and over again. Those were the three songs that basically described our relationship. And now? Jack's with Ann, thinking he's happy, when Jack's mom is probably getting beat again. I need something to help me cope, anything.

I go over to the looper, and figure out the parts to a song I heard 2 years ago.

When I'm ready, I get out my phone and put it on a music stand.

"Hey guys, it's been a long time since I covered a song. I've been having a lot of stress lately, and so this is my way to cope. I hope you guys enjoy." I say, putting on a fake smile.

I play the guitar part first and loop it, then I start singing.

You said, why am I holding on baby?

Ooh

I would never back down, are you walking out of my life?

Saying you really don't love me

Ooh

Baby, you don't mean that, you remember all that we had?

I took it for granted that you loved me the same