Chapter 21

(Unknown POV)

A room that was only lit with a fireplace. A dark wood desk, a shelf full of ancient books. A padded leather chair, with an older man sitting in it, looking at the fire.

"Master, when should we go after the sword?" A young voice called out from the dark room. The boy sat by the feet of the older man, leaning his head on his thigh.

"Hmmm..." A deeper voice hummed. He stroked the younger boys head. The boy made a happy sound. "I do think we can wait until she gives birth to those half breeds. We could use them as leverage, or simply kill them."

There were no more words. Just the sound of the fire crackling.

(Lucy POV) ~~~Time skip one month later~~~~

I am officially 6 months pregnant and want only chocolate covered strawberries and sex with Natsu. Everything else either makes me cry or angry. Natsu doesn't seem to mind though, as he walks around now like a preening peacock.

I stretch my arms out from the couch I'm sitting on. The pillows feel fantastic for my sore back. It seems in the last month my stomachs ballooned more than I thought it would. I should have expected it since I'm having twins, but whatever I'm growing children inside of me. Fight me.

Natsu shuffles into the room with Happy sitting on his head. They're both giggling about something, which immediately made me start to cry.

"Luce, what's wrong now?" Natsu asked with a softly exasperated voice. He's gotten better about my mood swings. It also helps were home alone in my apartment.

"You-you are making fun of me with Happy, aren't you?" I sobbed out. Natsu tsked and pulled me into his arms. I felt Happy land on my shoulder and hug the side of my head.

"Shh...Lucy, Happy and I would never talk about you behind your back that way. We both care about you so much." Natsu pulled back some and lifted my chin so I would meet his eyes. "Lucy, my moon and stars, I love you more than anything in this world. Even food. Everyday I get to spend with you is a magical experience. Now, let's wipe these tears and watch the new Marvel movie." His voice was full of love and affection that I followed his gentle order and wiped my face.

"I love you too Lushee! I love you even more than fish! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you two, and the babies!" Happy said still hugging my head. I laughed a little and pulled him down into a proper hug.

"I love you both so much. I don't know where I'd be without you two." I said softly with a smile. Nastu pulled me into his side and placed his hand on my belly.

I felt the babies move and giggled a bit. Natsu couldn't feel them just yet, but given that they're inside of me makes me very aware of what antics they're getting into. Naughty babies. They're going to be grounded until they're 40.

Natsu rubbed his hand on my stomach in slow circles. Happy laid on both our laps and fell asleep. It was finally turning spring, but still chilly. Natsu was warm and everything felt like it had a rose tint to it.

Life was good.

Until the babies were born.