seventeen/Buffy

Today was the day. I needed to tell my parents about my /issues/.

And so I waited at home after school, planning what I was gonna say.

And when my mom and dad came home, I stopped them in the kitchen and told them to sit down.

"What is it, Buff?" My mom said.

"Um...I need to tell you guys something," I said.

My mom smiled and my dad nodded.

I took a deep breath.

"I'm transgender."

Those two words broke everything.

My mom's face turned from calm to angry.

"Who put you up to this?" She said.

"Nobody, mom, I'm a boy and I've been wanting to tell you for-"

My dad cut in.

"You can't be a boy," he said, "You were born a girl. You're a girl. God made you to be a girl."

I cringed at the word girl.

"It's your new friends, isn't it?" My mom said, "You didn't act like a tranny before you met them."

My breath caught in my throat as she said tranny. Tears welled up in my eyes.

I couldn't do it anymore.

I needed to leave.

And  so I took my schoolbag and ran out of the house. Tears flowed down my face as I heard the screams of my parents behind me.

---

I collapsed on the sidewalk near school. I checked my pocket and saw that I still had my phone on me. I called the first person that showed up in my contacts: Andi.

I called her and told my situation. Because she lived so close to our school, she brought me to her house.

I was safe.