eighteen/Andi

My mom was out and Jonah was over my house. We were sitting in my living room playing Mario Kart. Every once in a while, Jonah would look over at me and smile.

This is what I want.

I want a best friend for life.

This was perfect.

"J?" I said.

Jonah looked over at me. "Yeah, Andi?" They said. I smiled and said, "Thank you. I was so scared that I was broken because I don't like people, but you helped me see....see that I'm okay. I'm normal."

Jonah smiled. "Andi, I'll always be here to spend time with you. I will always be here to make you feel that your feeling are valid."

At that moment, my phone went off. I picked it up, and saw that it was Buffy. My mood shifted from being happy to terrified.

Buffy came out to his parents. And he was kicked out. I called my mom and told her she needed to come home. She was already on her way home anyways, so she hurried home.

Once she got home, I explained that my friend needed help and we brought Buffy home with us to stay for a bit. He was safe.

That night, once Buffy was asleep, I called Jonah. They sounded so happy over the phone.
"Andi guess what?" They said
"What is it?"
"I came out to my family this afternoon as non binary and aro ace! They were totally cool with it!"
I smiled and told them how proud I was of them.

Right then, I felt like I had courage to do what I needed to do for so long. Once I was off the phone, I went up to my mom and said,
"Mom....can I tell you something?"
"What is it, And?" She said
"I'm...aromantic and asexual."

After explaining to her what it meant, she gave me a hug. She loved me.

I wish Buffy's parents were like this.

Hi yes it's the author calm the fuck down I'm alive okay I'm gonna go on an updating spree and I'm gonna change the cover of the book
Stay wicked queens, kings, and non binary royalty
~Tyler