Chapter 1

"Calliope! Time to wake up!" My mother yelled from down stairs.

I groaned stretching for a moment before turning on my side and curling up in a ball.
I opened my left eye for a moment and almost screamed in frustration.

"The sun isnt even up yet!" I said loudly carefully trying not to use a hateful tone.

"Well if you wouldn't be up writing for so long you would have gotten better sleep!" I heard her voice slightly more muffled then before. Probably because she was in the kitchen now instead of at the stairs.

"Mom we are wolves, we are suppose to howl at the moon and such." I yelled down to her.
Frowning pushed my comforter off me and sat up rubbing my eyes.

I heard mom coming up the stairs. "Wolf or human you have to manage your time better young lady." She said firmly.

I got up and hurried to get dressed before she got to my door. I threw on some blue jean's and a long sleeve maroon shirt. I grabbed my black boots and some socks and sat back down on my bed.

Mom tapped on my door before walking in.

She was already dressed in a nice dark blue pencil skirt and a light blue button up t shirt and dark blue heels. Her make up was done lightly and her short red hair pulled back out of her face with pins.

Mom was 35 but she looks 25. She got pregnant young with me at the age 18. Plus wolves ages differently.

Mom was a doctor in the packs hospital. She was always up bright and early and home late.

"See it's not that bad getting up early." She smiled and handed me a banana nut muffin she made last night.

I gladly accepted and started eating it before putting on my socks and shoes.
"It is when I'm a night person."

I tried to volunteer my services anytime in the afternoon/evening time so I can sleep during the morning. Because of the soul reason I'm not a very happy person in the morning.

We lived in a pack to where you had to put out a helping hand once every other day. We lived in a small pack where everyone had a part to play to keep the pack running smoothly.

My mom went to my vanity table and picked up my hair brush. Coming back over she began to brush my long dirty blonde hair.

"Tomarrow night you will be at the Mating ball.. my daughter. It makes me so sad your grew up too fast..." she said sadly.

"Mom I'm only 17, I'm not that old. I might not even find a mate this year."
I mumbled with a mouthful of muffin.

And it's true, not alot of wolves meet their mates at 17.Its rare. The bond has to be super strong.

"Maybe not, but maybe you will. And you better text me the minute you do." She demanded. "He better know how to treat you right. And if he doesnt I'll have to just come there and beat him up."

Just then Tiffani walked in. "After I beat him up first."
Dressed in sweats and a oversize t shirt her naturally red curly hair falling down her shoulders.
She is my best friend /basically a big sister to me. A soon to be doctor. She is so smart and I swear she could do anything she wanted to do.

"I just got done helping with patrol, now we have to go help with the pups this morning then after we can go shopping." She smiled excitedly. She loved shopping and made me always go with her. I loved looking at things but I think I like people watching alot better.

" I'm so glad you are going with Calliope to the ball this year. It will all be new to her and with her..um.. 'condition'.. It makes me feel better that you are with her." My mom gave Tiffani and hug and handed her the brush.
I had bad anxiety attacks and panic attacks.