chapter 4

So after making it to my house last night and packing all the stuff in our new suitcases we had to vacuum seal most of our things to to make it all fit and we even had a suitcase just for all of our nicer outfits and our dresses for the balls and ceromies. It felt ridiculous and overwhelming. But the time we were done we both passed out on my bed.

When I awoke I felt something was off. I stayed as still as can be and listened. Someone was in the house.. I slowly reached for a small dagger I kept underneath the bed and went back to staying still.

I waited until I hear my bedroom door creak open before I quickly threw it at whoever came in.
Luckily my aim was bad in the mornings because there stood out new beta Tony, tiffani's older brother.
  My dagger flew past his face and onto the door frame.
  He put his hands up and jumped back.

"Whoa whoa it's just me!" He said looking at me shocked. His redhead hair was almost cut off. His blue eyes filled with alertness.

    "Tony! That's why you call, or at least knock befor becoming into someone else's house!" Tiffani sat up as soon as she was awakened but the noise the dagger made hitting the door frame.

   "I did! I almost had the police come check on your guys! Lucky for me you guys dont change the hiding spot on your house key often." He exclaimed in a rush.
  "Your bags are in the car, we are running late!" Tony said.
   " Shit!" I said jumping up. Tiffani did the same. We shooed Tony down stairs so we could get dressed in outfits we set out last night.
Me in a oversized plain grey hoodie with a tank top underneath, and simple black leggings with my favorite flat slip on shoes. And then tiffani with a top that was tucked into her ligh blue Jean pants with black high heels and a black leather jacket.

I grabbed my purse that had our wallets, phones, chargers, tiffani's big camera and our plane tickets in it. We rushed downstairs and out to the car.
Then we were on the road. We were about half way there when we spotted Luke and 2 other girls with him. He must have been on pick up duty too.
His old truck was broken down on the side of the road.

We stopped and honk at them. The girls hurried and put their 4 big suitcases each in the back of the suburban and hopped in. I didnt feel so over packed now.. I had a suit case and a half with a smaller suitcase filled with hair and make up supplies. The hair and make up supplies was shared so was the other half of the other suitcases.

Tiffani whispered to me. "See I was packing lightly for both of us!" She giggles and I rolled my eyes.

Tony went to help Luke try to start it. But Luke ended up having to call a pack member to come and get his truck. We were going to be late. Luke hopped in with only a backpack and greeted us.

"Hey girls, are you ready for a great week?" He asked.

    Tiffani replied, "hell, yeah." And I just nodded. I felt a knot in my stomache. I was going to throw up. But i held it in me.
   Luke kept on looking back at me as if trying to make something happened. I tried to ignore him the best I could until we arrived at the airport and got out.
While the other got the bags out I stopped him.

"What's the problem?" I asked looking up at him feeling frustrated.

   "In the next 24 hour I will most likely find my mate.. " Luke sighed seeming defeated.
  I looked up at him realization hit me. He was worried.. about how I will felt. He knew we still loved each other. We parted only because of this.

"Luke that's so sweet... but your going to see her and forget about me.. I was never meant to be for you.. more or less.. I was never meant to be a Luna of a pack.. but you will find your soulmate and this love you have for me will change.." I smiled up at him. "It will all be okay.. " I took his hand in mine.

     "Callie.. you and I both know.. that I will always love you.. and maybe you are meant to be mine.. maybe the ceromies will open up the bond a little more.. I honestly think it's going to be you.." he said softly his blue eyes looking into mine. He brought our conjoined hands up so he could kiss my hands.

"What if it's not me? You will feel guilty, for the rest of your life. Denying your mate because of a childhood crush." I started feeling my eyes start to water. I had to look away so he didnt see how weak I was.

"Dont get my hopes up that this weekend that I will finally find out that my mate will be you. Most likely I wont find my mate for another year or 2 and you will find yours tonight.. tomarrow.. sometime this week." I turned and glared at him tears clearly running down my face now.
  "And then I'll have to watch you come home and flaunt her around as my future Luna. You dont understand how much that will hurt me!"

I pulled away and turned watched the others start to go inside. Their own excitement blinding them to even notice how helpless I felt.

Iglanced back at Luke and he looked surprised at me. I've never been able to say no to him about anything. He always got his way in our relationship.

I turned my back on him and went to Tony who had already gotten my bags on a luggage cart.

"Maybe it will make it easier, for both of us, if you just let it go." I said to Luke loudly before pushing the cart inside to baggage claim. Before I joined the other girls I wiped my eyes and tried to put a smile on my face.

Luke and Tony talked for a few minutes before joining the rest of the girls inside. Tony had had the ballet go and park the car in the parking lot.
  We rushed through security and made it to board our plane just in time before the doors closed on us.

   Tiffani asked me if I was all right feeling how silent I was. It wasnt anything out of the blue but it was not normal for me not to say anything.

      I just looked up at Luke who was sitting 3 rows in front of us. With werewolf hearing he could definitely hear us.
   I put my finger to my ear then to my lips. Tiffani nodded understanding.

She knew how heartbroken I was over breaking up with Luke.

"It will be okay. I promise." Hugged me and let me lay my head on her shoulder.