chapter 21

She stopped at the edge of the forest and just stared at me but soon her brown eyes clouded over.

I looked over at Klaus ready to go into full panic attack. And i bet he felt it because he tensed up and had to try to keep his smile. But the smile didnt reach his eyes.

He walked towards me slowly, stopping at the bottom of the stairs. He moved as if he was getting close to a deer who would run off if he made one wrong move.

My mother stayed behind Klaus watching him and how he treated me.

I could practically hear her thoughts. He was being so gentle and so understanding, she approved of him. Of us.

That make me a bit happy but my anxiety was too high to realize it.

Klaus took my hand gently in his. He raised them to his lips, and kissed each of my finger gingerly.

He talked in a hushed tone trying not to alarm me.

"My love," he paused,tilting his head. He must have liked saying that to me. I enjoyed hearing it.

"She isnt here to harm us, we are safe, you are safe. Now lets get you some hot tea and we can go in and talk." He grabbed my elbow abd turned me around and escourted me into the house.

Tiffani and Eric were already in the kitchen pulling together some food.

"Thank god, i thought i would have to hunt you down princey-pooh." Tiffani teased.

"Not today." He said simply pulling me down besides him to sit on one of the couches.

She shrugged and went back to helping in the kitchen.

My mom came in but made herself scarce. I think she went into one of the bedrooms to change or something.

Klaus lifted up my chin so id have look at him.

We stared into each other eyes for a very long time. It was like we where communicating with our eyes.

"I trust you," i sighed and relaxed.

He chuckled and relaxed also.

"How did you know what i was going to say?" He asked curiously.

I shrugged my shoulders.

I honestly didnt know. But i just knew.

At that moment the witch spoke up. She came in behind us and she was just watching us curiously.

"The bond is strengthening," she said softly.
"Your bond, that you two have will the most powerful mated bonding pair that our kind has only seen a handful of times throughout history." She explained.

I looked back up at my mate, not knowing what to say.
He saw how confused and overwhelmed i was.
He took my wrist and lead me over to the couch.
He sat on the couch and pulled me into his lap nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

He took a long breath in before talking.

"My love, its going to all be okay. There isnt anything to worry about as long as im here." His words comforted me. I relaxed against his chest and took his left hand in both of mine.

The witch came in and sat down across from us in a red chair. She leaned forward pitting her elbows on her legs and clasping her hands together.

"So, about my visions of you two.." she started.

I felt Klaus tense but not much. I looked and he looked annoyed.

"Can we talk about it later i do not wish to worry about more then one thing at a time." He said rubbing my arm with his other hand, he had his other arm wrapped around me.