chapter 2

After Luke dropped us off at the daycare center we went in and started doing the morning chores before the pups got here. We got here right before the sun started rising.

Pups from newborns to 10 years old came in going to their classrooms. There was 2 teachers to each classroom.

There was tons of activity going on by 7:30. We would be here a few hours helping set up for lunch and snack times.
But then around 9 after first snack, we were told we could leave.

Everyone was just as excited for us to go shopping because almost all of the teachers knew how important to look your best this week is going to be.

Tiffani and I walked over to her father's house. She was going to barrow her dad s suburban to drive to town so it can hold alot. Her dad was one of the richest men in the pack. And the packs retired beta. Tiffani's older brother took over last year.

"Okay today, we will go shopping then go get our hair done then our nails. We have to look our very best." She was basically telling me that I was in no shape or form in control today so I needed to take medication so I wouldn't have a panic attack.

But I was okay with that. Just a day to have someone else think for me and make decisions is what I needed before this stressful trip.

"Girls! Can I tag along today? I would like to treat both of you to the very best!" Tiffani's step mom was at the front door waiting for us. She was in a pink coat and white skinny Jean's with her pink tennis shoes.
She was her dads second chance mate. Yes those happened.. but it wasnt until 2 years ago he met her on a business trip.

Her step mom kinda looked like a playboy bunny, toned body, perky personality, blonde, immature. Dont get me wrong she loved her step family and she was really a nice person.. it was just odd since no one knew what to make of her. She was from California and a big city kind of girl. So coming into our little pack was different.

"Um.. sure, I wouldn't mind that.. tiffani?" I asked her. She looked suddenly like a one of those mean girls. But she has been trying to give her new step mom a chance. So she quickly recovered.

"Of course I want you to come Sophie. this could be one of the last shopping sprees I go on being single. So yes let's go!" Tiffani tried to hide her displeasure. Her step mom fell for it but I didnt.

"Your dad let me have 3 or his credit cards so we dont have a spending limit! I'm so excited to spend today with you girls!" She squealed jumping up and down.

I looked at tiffani and she rolled her eyes.
I giggled and took tiffani's hand pulling her into the garage to get into the car.
"Do you need a chill pill?" I asked semi serious.
I had my medication in my purse to keep me calm if I felt stressed.

"I'll need like 3! " she laughed and shook her head. Meaning she didnt want one.. yet.

We got in the car and was on our way to go shopping. I was in the back and Tiffani and Sophie in the front.

We got to the mall around 11 it took 2 hours just to get to the biggest city near us. Off our mountain it was as cold but still pretty chilly.

When we parked I had to ask again that they dont spend too much money on me. Nothing that I couldn't pay back. Which they both shushed me and told me they will buy me anything I wanted because it was a time to be spoiled like a princess.

"Just face it Callie.. you are apart of this family and you are stuck in it. Anything my husband and I can do for you we will, you are our second daughter. I remember last year spoiling Tiffani, it was the first time I felt like a mom.. not her mom.. but a motherly figure.." Sophie explained rambling a little on that last part.

She was trying not to upset Tiffani and it looked like she wasnt. It looked like tiffani's heart kinda grew a little bit. Tiffani touched her hand before getting out.

" Yes last year was fun.. I think it was because of you I try to look my best, you taught me that my mate might just be waiting around the corner for me." She smiled at the memories.

I smiled just watching them interact with one another. They didnt want to hate each other. They just awkwardly loved each other. Like anyone in their position.

Sophie put her arms around us as we walked into the mall.

"Girls, dont go too crazy but go have fun." She said happily.

" oh it seems like Tiffani will go crazy." I said sheepishly. " I gave her my permission to give me a makeover. "

"Then this will be so so much fun!" Sophie hugged Tiffani for a small moment and then let us both go.

"So Tiffani, where do we start?" She asked.

We stopped at a map and let tiffani look it and me up and down.

"I think clothes, like just work out wear, bathing suits and everyday clothing. Then onto formal wear.. then makeup, hair then nails. And if you could do the same thing at the end of the day that you did with me.. that would be the cherry on top!" Tiffani basically jumped up and down with excitement.

"Agreed!" Sophie said just as excited.

Oh no.. I let loose the demons that was inside these 2 small women.